Help › Forums

I know ...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:50 AM (3 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 10:34 AM

I know ...

That this is gonna be the number 5,000+ thread on "meter stuck" ...
    That WGT isn't, or can't, or don't want to do anything about it ...
    That some other fellow players are simply gonna say : "clean your cache, update your flash or change browser", while other players will simply criticize me or the thread, assuming that this is another childish nonsense complaint ... just wait and see ...

Anyway, here's my side ... grab a beer and read :

I was playing an alt game.  On 8th hole we are 2 up.  I shoot, get "metered" and water hazard receives my US$1.5 taxes with the virtual shape of a nickey.  Not only we lost the hole and the ball, but I lost control, since one loses the cool trying to compensate after something like that.  We are still 1 up on 9th.  Despite my effort, which I shouldn't have, I perform very poorly from the tee and my ball ends in rough 30%-40%.  My partner makes a nice on and my putt misses the cup for 2 inches.  We are even and go for an extra hole.  The other team makes a brilliant 2nd shot from 130 yards that ended in eagle ... nothing more than congratulations for such recovery and GREAT FINAL "ESTOCADA" to the "dying bull".  Congratulations for such astonishing win !

I don't have any problems at losing when I and I only lose (without an extra push by WGT that is).  My disappointment is that in a multi-game, a severe deviation like getting "metered" distorts completely the game, and no matter how mature and well educated one can be, having a strong and well structured character might not solve completely one's issues with a poisoned game and even the best ones can't recover from disappointment.  Only door left :  Take it quietly, nothing can be done anyway :(

So, that's my story Your Honor.  My defense rests sitting on the electric chair ... You can pull the switch now ...

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 10:42 AM

Mr Q  ,, as a friend I will offer to pull the switch for you so that is does not hurt so much .

OPY  iaaRft

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:05 AM

i know how you feel , you dont want to let your P  down ,  but it is part of the game  one day your on your game your P  is not , do you blame him   no   you take it like a grain of sand ,   well that day your P  probebly took it  like a grain of sand ,  and smilled at your effort to make up for it .  We i feel all win at a friendly  game of ALT,the game that take the least shots on your ball so they last longer in a sence ,    OPY  dont pull the swich yet  he has not received is  sentence,  i find him not guilty , cause  he is such a nice guy  .                    Frapp     :)

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:50 AM

Quijotazo:
    So, that's my story Your Honor.  My defense rests sitting on the electric chair ... You can pull the switch now ...

Perhaps you can join CIB, and persuade P, to allow your own personal forum titled, "This only happens to me"!

I'll pull the switch.....Not against you, just your post! 

RSS