Forums

Help › Forums

How the hole is seen

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:00 AM (3 replies)
  • mike28645
    4 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 2:05 AM

I have been a member some years now and I think that there has been a lot of improvements, but the one improvement that I have not seen is the view when you are on the green and trying to see the hole vs the way to putt the ball. instead of a reverse shot to get a better angle. Why can't they change this type of view so it looks like you are looking through the players eyes like you would on a real course?

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:38 AM

I totally agree with your comments . The views we get are ridiculous. Most of the time you are not facing the hole. You may be at a 45 degree angle. Shots are often taken well below the player and you can't even see the green to set your marker, you have to go in reverse view to use it, this uses up valuable time. This is the worst programming I have ever seen. Sometimes I think amateurs to programme this game. 

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:57 AM

If you chose avatar angles from the advanced options in the game settings then your avatar faces the hole much better than if you do not. It's not perfect but much better than if it is set to off. Many of the poor camera angles on the greens are due to the fact that there was no good spot to take the pictures from. 17 @ Kia is a good example. For the far right side of the green the lake prevented them from getting a really good spot to take the pictures from. 

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:00 AM

Exactly right, sting! 

What many newer WGT'ers believe is that the view you get is all CGI (computer-generated images) - which is NOT the case! All the views are actual HD camera shots taken by real people at the course you're playing. Although thousands of shots are taken, there are some cases where getting a better view of certain areas of some greens was impracticaI. This is particularly true for the 1st-generation WGT courses - KI notoriously, and also St Andy's

I also set Avatar Angle to on, to get a better feel, but ultimately one has to choose the correct initial line for the putt, determine the distance, and decide whether an 'off-ding' hit will hurt or help to hold that desired line.

I personally set the desired line using reverse view for both putts and all other shots - then execute the hit from the normal view. Yes, the latter is impossible for certain KI putts and shots, and you must also make the hit in reverse view ... but every player faces that situation occasionally. Deal with it.

RSS