Forums

Help › Forums

golf

Thu, Dec 27 2012 6:26 PM (7 replies)
  • ycruff
    1 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 6:46 AM

hello from yvonne

i am new to this site and its fun.  i am a beginner so have patience.  i want to play better so badly but right now i am sitting in snow. lol that doesnt help.  come say hello to me and help me out with some tips.  this is hard. virtual or not. lolol  i just took golf up this year and i love it.  i am a little old to start but oh well bring it on.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 9:57 AM

welcome aboard!

-wgticon

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 10:27 AM

Welcome and congrats on your first post.    Practice until you become AM  or Pro ,then it will be easyer to play with older members or with  higher tiers ,read the FAQ,s , there you will find all the shots you are trying to make ,Pitch, Chip, putting and more .  This game takes patience ,  it takes most of us a long time just to be able to compete ,  if you want to win at all cost this is not the game ,if you  want to improuve ,have fun,make friends  ,well that is the game of golf for you .  Dont give up when its hard ,  and like all of us  the game will become more and more fun and chalenging .     Good Luck to you.  Happy 2013 . Frapp

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 10:29 AM

Welcome and Merry Christmas. Be warned this game is addictive!

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 3:09 PM

just one word  -  practice practice practice  .  Welcome. just have fun !!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 4:04 PM

Hi - hit it straight and have fun!

Some general tipps:

- don't believe your caddie, especially when he proposes a chip. Consider punch or pitch instead.

- don't believe the ads that propose new equipment - there will be better the next day, and you'll do well for quite a while.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 4:27 PM

.... and download these VERY useful tools.

https://sites.google.com/site/bilkosputterpal/

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 6:26 PM

Welcome to the game. Addictive and frustrating but a lot of fun, Read the tips under FAQ and practice a lot and it does get easier. Most importantly enjoy.

RSS