Forums

Help › Forums

Hello

Sun, Jan 27 2013 7:05 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • raymond10
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2013 11:30 AM

Hello everyone!  I’m Raymond 10.  Love the game.  Putting is by far the worst for me.  I am looking forward to playing more games and meeting more people.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2013 2:40 PM

welcome!

-wgticon

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2013 5:57 PM

Hello Ray!

The putting takes time. Don't get discouraged, you'll improve.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2013 10:19 PM

Raymond10 check out the putting tips in the column to the right, some really good info there, I'm not brilliant but I've been using that for a while and it works.

Oh, and welcome. ;)

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2013 2:56 AM

Congrats on your first post,   and patience here, is the ticket to good putting .

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2013 7:17 PM

Welcome to World Golf Tour!

~Devon

• Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2013 7:50 AM

Hey Raymond, 

WGT is great game, don't get caught up in the negative, on some of the forums. Everyone has a right to their opinion but just a heads up. 

WGT is what you make it, it's not always what you read in the forums. I love this game and get a kick out of the forums take them for what they are OPINIONS just enjoy yourself, play for fun that is what it is all about FUN and in my case the results are rewarding  and a blast.  "my OPINION" 

Don't get discouraged with the putting it is everyone's 1st hurdle it will come in time. Go to St. Andrews the greens are huge and play in practice mode, get on the green and putt the ball all over the green to get a feel for it, putt till you reach MAXIMUM STROKES REACHED go to the next hole and do it again. This advise was given to me and it sure was worth its weight in gold. I still struggle and I am a Tour Master but I head to St. Andrews to work it out.

Best of Luck and HAVE FUN

See ya on the TEES

Edbeau 

• raymond10
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2013 8:53 AM

Thank you Edbeau.     will do!

• raymond10
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2013 8:54 AM

Thanks

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:04 AM

raymond10:
    Hello everyone!  I’m Raymond 10.  Love the game.  Putting is by far the worst for me.

Welcome on board Ray...look for putting tips in old posts, find a formula that works for you.

Try adding or subtracting the elevation and dividing by 0.9 for slow greens, 1.1 (fast), 1.2 (v fast) etc......you'll be thereabouts.

The starter + club set will slow meter down a bit too..they're in your equipment.

GL Andy

• PAGES
RSS