Forums

Help › Forums

Finally getting around to introducing myself.... oops!

Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:51 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JungleJim99
    3 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 5:44 PM

Hello to everyone!

I have been playing for a couple of weeks and finally visited the forums last night!  I immediately got some very good advice (ditching the EZ Swing clubs) and today played 9 on Congressional and got my first birdie and 3 pars.  If it weren't for barely some missed putts, I would have had another birdie and two more pars (apparently a new putter will be my first in-game purchase ;).

I haven't yet played multi-player but would love to give it a try.  I just made it to amateur (Level 31), but I still have all the original, free equipment.  Send me an invitation and let's play 9!

Jim

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 5:59 PM

welcome Jim!

-wgticon

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 7:01 PM

Good on ya Jim!

It gets exciting when you make your first Tier Up and then your first Birdie!

Start planning for the RAPTURE clubs these will help your game much more than the free equipment.

Wedges & balls first to help you get on the green near the pin (balls can slow the meter down)

Driver, then irons & putter.

Create a game in the lobby, select INVITE players - from there you have an option to select the Player Rank, play a few just above your tier for help

:)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 7:19 PM

Welcome Jim.... this is a great game and a wonderful feeling when you get that 1st Bird or a low score..

Good advise by Shrude ... I liked those Raptures when I had em, way back.

When I first started,  The only friend I had (and I know what some people will be thinking, I have other friends...lol) was the guy who told me about this game.

What I started to do was Join in multi player games (alt shot games), with other people at my same tier and made up the friends list from there.

Good Luck and Happy Hitting

Roger

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 7:34 PM

Hello Jim ,    i like your post , I have always followed advice , first chance i had to bye equipement i did ,when i was told to punch a certain shot i did .  so follow  them good advice ,   mon ami

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 7:35 PM

advise *

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 8:04 PM

Frappe, an advice.. you don't really need to create a new post to correct something on ur post, just click edit on the lower part and you can do exactly that...EDIT...

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 9:12 PM

frappefort:

advise *

advise ...advice... doesn't really matter anyway F....  we know what ya saying :)

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:01 PM

Hi Jim

Welcome aboard buddy. Get ready for fun and adventure. I've enjoyed the game for about a year &4 months & as you said, it's fun to drain birdy & eagle putts.

• JungleJim99
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jan 27 2013 7:33 AM

Thanks for the advice about the Rapture clubs.  I was trying to decide which clubs to get to improve my game experience while not breaking the bank and these sound like the ticket.

I also would not have thought of upgrading the balls prior to the rest of the clubs, but I will certainly give them a look.

Finally, thanks for the steps for starting a multiplayer game.  I will give them a try soon!

• PAGES
RSS