Forums

Help › Forums

Almost at par :)

Fri, Feb 1 2013 12:14 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Coban123
    688 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 1:24 AM

It's almost 3 years since my last round, and then I stumbled upon this site again yesterday.

I admit I did reset my round about 4 times before I posted my best score ever of 37 on Kiawah and today I posted a 37 again at St Andrews! I'm really hoping to hit an even par soon :)

This game is even more fun than I remembered! I see there are new courses, and gear and balls and all sorts now.

I don't have any friends yet, and I guess thats because I'm too scared to play a round with anyone just yet, but hopefully soon I'll over come the embarrassment of my play and meet a few of you :)

Goodluck!

James

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 2:06 PM

Welcome to WGT!

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 2:49 PM

James, You are a cool breath of fresh air to the forum.

Welcome & so nice to hear someone that just likes to have fun & shoot what they shoot.

You can friend me anytime I'd love to play a round of golf with you , I'd be honored.

• Coban123
    688 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 12:43 AM

Thank you WGTpizza

And thank you BubbaCrusher, very kind words. I would love to be able to play with you sometime!

I sunk a shot from 28 yards today from a bunker, I saved it on my profile. I don't think I have ever got that excited over a computer game before, I even pegged my knee on the corner of my table after jumping uncontrollably with delight :)

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:10 AM

Welcome back to WGT!

~Devon

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 8:23 AM

A breath of fresh air indeed!

Best of luck in your "come back"...I see you've broken your par target with a very tidy little 34.

Very well done!

And I'm in for game whenever you like mate.

Tim

• Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 12:35 PM

Welcome back James.

It can get very exciting at moments. I think I almost cried when I made Legend, and I let out a yelp when I shot my (first) hole-in-one. Haven't bruised myself yet, but I'm sure carpal tunnel is looming.

Enjoy yourself - Kelsey  =)

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 12:53 PM

i'll give you a game anytime, good luck anyway!!

• Coban123
    688 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:15 PM

Thank you to everyone for your great friendliness and kindness. I'm amazed what a welcoming community this is.

I have how got a handful of friends, been invited to a Country Club and played my first Matchplay game, since posting this, and had another player be beyond generous and help me in purchasing some equipment.

Again, thank you so much for your kindness.

James.

• bambino12
    633 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 9:23 AM

Hi james to hear someone having fun playing is a breath of fresh air,im remember starting wgt and to be honest the first few tiers were great crack(irish for a laugh) my nephew played then and we had a howl laughing at ourselves and high fives when we won a game to be honest it was more of a buzz then.Njoy your golf.

Friend me 

Bill

• PAGES
RSS