Forums

Help › Forums

Disappointing

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:19 PM (31 replies)
  • sharkgn
    450 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 6:46 AM

Hello all, i recently played a  tour pro in a match play challenge. After playing a few holes i decided to check the players profile and soon realized i was playing a legend in disguise. It did not bother me, however when i asked the player if they had multiple accounts they openly admitted  they did. What's disappointing is that the player said "everyone else is doing it". I've also had  one multi account players begging me to forfeit matches.This is the only time i have vented on here, hopefully it will be the last.

Peace..

P.S. I won the match play game.........................karma.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 9:55 AM

Did you report it to wgt? Given he is stupid enough to use the basically same name I don't think that will last long.

• sharkgn
    450 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:29 AM

No, i did not report it. No doubt the moderators have seen my post, hopefully that will be enough.

But i would like to add i've met some great people on here and had some very enjoyable times. I love this game, i would'nt like to see anyone get  hustled for credits.

Peace....

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:39 AM

sharkgn:

No, i did not report it. No doubt the moderators have seen my post, hopefully that will be enough.

But i would like to add i've met some great people on here and had some very enjoyable times. I love this game, i would'nt like to see anyone get  hustled for credits.

Peace....

But if you don't take a screen shot and report it when some one admits in chat that he has multiple accounts you are just furthering the problem. The mods might  see your post but there are so many posts on here every day that they can't possibly read everyone. 

• brianusa
    187 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:49 AM

Oldbayrunner:

Did you report it to wgt? Given he is stupid enough to use the basically same name I don't think that will last long.

Why bother, WGT doesn't care and basically  tells you to go fsck yourself if you do attempt to report cheating.

I reported a person who created a dozen fake accounts (in the same day) and friend'd them all the same day.  Then created a bunch of fake activity logs changing his status to push the illicit activity off the first page of their recent activities.

I took screen shots, submitted a ticket to WGT, and got the following back.  Clearly they spent no time looking into the matter and/or cleaning up any of the bogus accounts and/or dealing with the cheater.

Thank you for contacting WGT Member Services and reporting a potential instance of cheating in World Golf Tour. We take accusations of Terms & Conditions violations very seriously and investigate all reported issues. If there is compelling evidence to suggest that a violation has occurred we will take action appropriate to the situation. 

If a player admits to having cheated, we ask that you do one of the following...

If the admission takes place in the WGT forums, please click the Report Abuse link at the bottom of the post containing the dialog.

If the admission takes place on their Profile, or during a match, please reply to this email, attaching a screenshot. (If you need help taking and hosting screenshots, please see the post here: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/14726.aspx)

WGT Member Services

E.G., Go fsck yourself.

If anyone from WGT wants the ticket number feel free to message me.

• Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:51 AM

borntobesting:

sharkgn:

Peace....

But if you don't take a screen shot and report it when some one admits in chat that he has multiple accounts you are just furthering the problem. The mods might  see your post but there are so many posts on here every day that they can't possibly read everyone. 

THIS IS TRUE,,,, SOO TRUE... take the screenshot ,,, as stated it it impossible for the mods to see all... and he is also correct it only futhers the problem,,, 

Good info and post 

Edbeau

• sharkgn
    450 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:16 AM

Thanks for the advice.

I think i've spent enough time attempting to be a WGT cop (5 mins), thats more than enough for me.

I'll move on and keep enjoying the game, i was venting sharing my story.

Apologies.

Peace......

• brianusa
    187 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:18 AM

sharkgn:
    i was venting sharing my story.

Maybe WGT needs to add a Venting forum.

• whiteeagle147
    58 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 1:47 PM

Mmmm sounds like wgt to pass the buck lol.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 2:05 AM

As I read in some other topic, forum moderators only deal with forum related stuff, so even if they do see this topic, they won't act on it, if I understand things correctly.

R.

RSS