Help › Forums

Disappointing

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:19 PM (31 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 3:57 AM

Rockitch:

As I read in some other topic, forum moderators only deal with forum related stuff, so even if they do see this topic, they won't act on it, if I understand things correctly.

R.

No if they see a post they forward it to the proper people so they can deal with it. 

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 4:42 AM

The trouble I have seen is that in other WGT forum topics on the same issue the reply usually says that there isnt much they can do because the person will just create another account.. If WGT just deletes the account and the person can make another this seems like a very fruitless way of dealing with the issue. In other game and interactive programs uses can be banned by IP addresses. This way  the abuser is gone from the system an can not connect with the program to create a new persona much less use their existing account. 

The only way this will not work is is WGT does not want to lose the revenue from honest WGT players are spending playing these cheaters.

Just a thought

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 4:59 AM

sharkgn:
    What's disappointing is that the player said "everyone else is doing it".

THIS is disappointing. Perfect title for this topic.

Well, if it is any consolation to you shark, I have ONLY 1 account. ALWAYS had, ALWAYS will have - ONE ACCOUNT.

Multi accounters are the LOSERS that ruin anything they think they can get over on. NOT just this game, I mean everything and ANYTHING. They’re the type that ruin it for everybody. When ever you hear, “oh, they ruined it for everybody”, just look around at those people and chances are, they’re multi accounters at WGT.

You gave a perfect Title shark now let me give you the perfect phrase for “these type” of people; Freaking LOW LIFES with NO LIFE.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 7:31 AM

jeepie411:
    The only way this will not work is is WGT does not want to lose the revenue from honest WGT players are spending playing these cheaters.

Why do you think the MAX irons have been released, yes you can re-start an account, we'll even give you the tools to do so from a low level, BUT IT WILL COST YOU.

Was only earlier i came across a player skulking around challenge matches, a 58 average, and only a member for 2 weeks.  I checked his profile only to see plenety of ready go wins, but sandwiched inbetween was a few rounds at Kiawah where 41+ was scored, plenety of matchplay wins against all tiers, only 1 loss.  Day he joined was shooting under par, and even winning alternate shot (to progress without effecting average) with players who had joined on exactly the same day 14th Jan.  Newbies who NEVER LOOSE MATCHES..WOW.  A few level up boosts, and alternate shots later and he now has decent equipment and is winning plenty of ready go's and has $90+ earnings in  2 weeks!  IT took me months to reach $90, MONTHS OF LEARNING THE GAME.  

I think there must be ONLY 30% of honest 1 account members nowerdays.  These system cheaters are spreading and breading LIKE RATS!

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 8:35 AM

borntobesting:
    No if they see a post they forward it to the proper people so they can deal with it. 

Here I read otherwise.

WGTpizza:
    In any case, reports of cheaters do not belong on the forums - in any capacity. That is something that will be moderated/removed from the forums. All reports of abuse/cheating must only be emailed to our support department. Please read the posting guidelines if you have any further questions.

R.

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 8:45 AM

Thats why I say it is all about the $$$'s. Level up boosts and the cut they take from matches not to mention equipment upgrade costs and there is no reason to have WGT  ban them. They will continue only to delete the extra account and then get the revenue up again when the cheaters buy new stuff.

If they truly wanted to get rid of the cheaters the IP addy ban is the only way to go. But they will more likely ban those who have legitimate solutions to the real problem IMHO

• brianusa
    187 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 9:01 AM

jeepie411:
    Thats why I say it is all about the $$$s.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 10:19 AM

I maybe mistaken....but isnt an IP address easily changed.....using REG-edit or something or other? I may be wrong!

• brianusa
    187 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 10:41 AM

nickuk:

I maybe mistaken....but isnt an IP address easily changed.....using REG-edit or something or other? I may be wrong!

Yes and No.

What you are talking about is the MAC address of your network card (wired or wireless).  Those are easily changed (I would guess with regedit on windows -- which I don't use).

Your IP address is semi static -- but can be changed each time you reboot your modem (dsl or cable) and it reconnects to your ISP.  Generally, your ISP will continue to issue the same IP address to the same modem when renewing the DHCP lease.  (Before anyone chimes in, not all ISPs operate in this fashion.)

So, an IP address is only as good for some things.  Like confirming that I continue to access WGT from the same place (if my IP address doesn't change).  And I'm only accesses WGT from the same IP address on my account.

However, my son also plays WGT, has a completely different computer on a fully separate account.  He shares my IP address as well.  So simply banning based on IP addresses is futile.

X

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2013 3:26 PM

Where'd that post go? with all the 'glyn's' in it?

RSS