Help › Forums

My experience so far:)

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 6 2013 4:05 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 5:40 PM

Of course, if you have a better putter, use it! Like on the real course, the subjective impression counts.

snikern:
    I haven't really used the 3 wood so much yet, because i feel its the putting i need to improve the most. So i play mostly short courses like St. Andrews, and there i not need a better 3 wood. Its the same thing with the hybrid. I do not really need it. Wedges on the other hand is something i use a lot at this time. I'm sure i could choose better, or smarter, but i'm gonna wait til i get a few more levels up before i'm gonna see what i should do about my wedges. Luckily they are not so expensive as the other clubs..:)
    My hints aimed to an investigation rather than a new buy. Check out how you can use your present clubs in the best manner: Are there clubs doubling up in nominal length? Are there big gaps?

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 6:30 PM

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/80998.aspx?PageIndex=1

goes nice with ya new putter ... and putter pal..  

peace 

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 6:32 PM

There are a lot of high level players using lower level clubs and they play very well.

Learn the clubs you have and what every shot does, IE; punch flop ect. then when you really need better clubs you will know how the different shots work. Good Luck.

• snikern
    39 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 3:18 AM

alosso:
    My hints aimed to an investigation rather than a new buy. Check out how you can use your present clubs in the best manner: Are there clubs doubling up in nominal length? Are there big gaps?

Another good advice from you. 

I'll check out further more what kind of a setup i should go for. I haven't really chosen well enough when i started to buy my wedges 

Pwg: 110 yrds. 
    52W: 105 yrds.
    56W: 90 yrds.
    60W: 60 yrds.

I was thinking about to switch my 52W 105 yrds with a wedge that is 75 yrds. I do not really need the 105 yrds when the Pwg is 110. If i do so i would have even gaps between them. 

I was also thinking about: 50 yrds, 70, yrds, 90, yrds on my wedges, but then i have to get two new wedges instead of one:(

But i'm gonna read a lot on the forums. Its a lot of great threads with useful information here thanks to a brilliant community with a lot of nice people:)  

Thanks for good advice, and i hope other rookies will read this and learn a few things too:)

• snikern
    39 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 3:20 AM

2DAMFLASHY:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/80998.aspx?PageIndex=1

goes nice with ya new putter ... and putter pal..  

peace 

Very useful:)

Thanks a lot. I'll save them:)

• snikern
    39 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 3:25 AM

I can believe that:)

Thanks for the gift. Its very kind of you. I will use them well:)

I love this game, and i believe i'm gonna have a lot of practice during the next weeks and months:)

• Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 3:35 AM

Snikern, 

I'm with devonnnn  on the Cally's ,, sent ya a sleeve to try and see if ya like... 

Take care

Edbeau

• snikern
    39 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 4:03 AM

Edbeau:

Snikern, 

I'm with devonnnn  on the Cally's ,, sent ya a sleeve to try and see if ya like... 

Take care

Edbeau

Thanks a lot:) I will try them out, and i'm sure i'll love them:)

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 4:05 AM

snikern:

I'll check out further more what kind of a setup i should go for. I haven't really chosen well enough when i started to buy my wedges 

Pwg: 110 yrds. 
    52W: 105 yrds.
    56W: 90 yrds.
    60W: 60 yrds.

Add the "punch" numbers which are most valuable between the wedges!

Mine are 110+94 (G20 PW), 98+80, 77+63, 50+41. The spacing and the necessity of three wedges depend largely on the iron set's PW.

I'm quite sure that you don't need a 75 yds wedge for now. Perhaps you can rather drop the 105 for a hybrid if necessary. Alas, keep it for further use (e.g. in CTTHs). You might post the nominal lengths + punch lengths of your driver, 3WD and 3i for further discussion.

• PAGES
RSS