Forums

Help › Forums

Hi just joined need help

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 6 2010 3:25 PM (1 replies)
  • scott123445
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2010 3:15 PM

Hi everyone just found this game while looking at the open championship 2010 site,ive had a few holes on st andrews and im loving it,id have been playing for ages if i knew about it,i think i could get right into it,just one problem to start off with,my drives dont seem to go very far at all,some holes like the second i cant even reach the fairway.im hitting it like 170,200 if it hits the fairway and rolls,i guess i need to buy new clubs,are the clubs you start off with really bad?

thanks very much for your help guys.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2010 3:25 PM

Hi scott,

I notice you still have your beginner clubs equipped.  All players also have a free set of WGT Starters in their bag as well.  Those are slightly longer with a little bit of extra precision, but they do swing at a faster speed so they are a little harder to hit the line with.

The clubs you start the game with start you off as a brand new golfer hitting the course for the first time.  That's why they aren't very long and don't spin very much.  New golfers generally don't have those skills when they pick up their first club.

You have the option for purchasing upgraded sets in the Pro Shop using WGT credits that you can buy yourself or win in our free weekly events.  There are also offers that you can complete to earn free credits to upgrade your equipment.

Welcome to the game, have fun and good luck. =)

RSS