Help › Forums

Oakmont

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 10 2010 3:50 PM (1 replies)
  • TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 3:35 PM

Hi Guys

Was just playing a round on Oakmont and got to the first par 3 on the back nine, was doing quite well. Firstly had a right to left wind, allowed a bit and missed mark on the right by a fraction. In the bunker but hey **** happens. However I get out of the bunker and am caught up in the grass before the green. Things go from bad to worse and i fluff the chip and leave myself on the fringe. Now I take a look at the putt, while I am looking at it my computer seems to fire its self up, go into overdrive and suddenlyit seems like I am timed out of the shot and lose another one without hitting the ball, I cant save a replay as there is none.

Why did my computer go into overdrive and why did I lose a shot in single play without playing one?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 3:50 PM

Not sure about that one, Paul.  That's quite unusual.  Did something activate on your PC during your round, perhaps windows update, a pre-set virus scan or something similar?  It's also possible that the flash plugin began having some sort of problem, was about to crash and you suffered the results of that.  The plugin may have attempted to recover on its own, but wasn't able to and then, as you say, the weird stuff started happening.

Were you able to submit a bug report by chance?  If not, that's no big deal, but keep an eye on it and next time you see it happening (or if it becomes a regular occurance) throw us a bug report so we can try to see what's going on there.

RSS