Help › Forums

Ready Go # 6314 - Odd Payout Amounts

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 10 2010 4:22 PM (3 replies)
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 4:08 PM

Hi Niv....

Something is odd with the payout amounts for Ready Go # 6314.

I placed # 10 and was awarded 205 - not 200.  (No tie was involved)  The other amounts look unusual also.  Everything is 2.5% higher than usual. 

I looked in "My Account" / "Transaction History" and sure enough - it is +205 there as well - so it is not just a problem with the leaderboard display.

Just wanted to give a heads up that something looks fluey.

Thanks, AtlantaCoaster

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 4:14 PM

Hi AC,

You'll notice in that particular tournament that only 28 players finished with a score that wasn't a withdraw.  When a tournament cannot pay out all of the designated places (in a Ready-Go's case, 30 people) the remainder of the pot is redistributed to players who finished using the same percentages that were paid out initially.

So basically,  the winner of that tournament got the usual 13.75% as a payout which is normally $5.50.  However, since only 28 players posted there were credits left over after the initial round of payouts.  All tournament purses must be paid in full, so an additional 13.75% of the purse's remainder was given to the player in 1st, 10% of the remainder was given to 2nd and so on down the list until there were no credits left in the purse.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 4:21 PM

Oh OK...Thanks, Niv...Haven't seen it before.

LOL...Everyone GAVE UP...High Winds VERY Slow Greens LOL.  It was murder.  That particular round seemed to have an 18-22 MPH headwind on at least half the holes.

I can't remember the last time a flat par of 70 placed Top Ten.

That explains it - Thanks. - AC

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 4:22 PM

That just shows it's worth it to post every score, even a 106.  You might just get paid. =)

RSS