Forums

Help › Forums

foul and disrespectful talk during the game

Sun, Feb 16 2014 12:40 PM (23 replies)
  • phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 2:48 PM

Cece, not sure what operating system you are using but if yo have Windows 7 or 8, and I do believe Vista, all you have to do is use the snipping tool found in accessories and it will take a quick screen shot of what they are saying and send it to WGT.  It isn't like a full screen shot you can just snip the chat box so it is more clear and visible and readable.

Some people have no respect, for themselves of for others.  

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 3:03 PM

Sadly there is nothing more I can say that hasn't been said already.

Occasionally we all run into these imbeciles and all you can do is screen shot their comments and send them to WGT (if it happens again please ensure you do this). The good thing these idiots are the very small minority of WGT players but this is one of the downsides of the net.

For this reason I highly recommend you play with friends and a good way to make more friends is to join a CC

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 3:15 PM

One thing more can be said, alanti -

why has there been no response from WGT on here?

Or do they not respond to forums? (I've only been here 5 weeks, I know diddly how this place works - except they like my money...)

• ScottHope
    10,361 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 3:36 PM

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 4:41 PM

Essisdaddy:

I don't think WGT needs to respond on here. Matters of this nature are better dealt with privately. When brought to WGT's attention either by the player(s) involved contacting them or by a WGT Moderator reading this thread, if something can be done, it will be done.

Icon for instance might not post in this thread as he does in other threads but he likes to shuffle around undercover and may choose to contact player(s) directly when or if these kinds of issues arise :)

For sure, these threads don't go unnoticed. Depending on just how many new posts there are to moderate, it might take a few hours to get through them all . :)

tbe

• fronny25
    280 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 5:02 PM

absolute disgrace....

hate this in game

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:53 PM

Essisdaddy:

As per what TBE said plus without screenshots sadly there is little WGT can do. And whatever action is taken is private and not for the forums

And for the record.........they like everyones money!

• carolineRobert
    1,821 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 9:00 PM

i usually don't come here to write stuff but saw this thread and felt i had to say something

i agree with taking a screen capture + contacting WGT with this verbal abuse. And it's important to also block these lunatics by going to ''my account'' and selecting ''block players'' and entering their names

but what i really want to say is this : For anyone suffering from insults for whatever reason and wherever the place , DO NOT RESPOND ! ...i did at some point and it does nothing good. It's like adding oil to the fire as WGTicon told me and he's right

and something to keep in mind : playing this virtual game with strangers has its risks. Many people are just immature and can't act like grown ups. Some people will never be respectfull & intelligent regardless of their age. It's a real shame but that's how it is

I have been insulted many times by some lunatics and it affects me each time but i also rise above it each time. So i hope that the author of this thread will also rise above it

happy golfing all ...

• KellyGreer
    448 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2013 7:48 AM

cece123:

why do guys seem to think its ok to talk with souch disrespect toward the girls on  here???

A. It's a shame that you encountered a COUPLE of jerks here - but as a male player I've encountered HUNDREDS of jerks here of BOTH genders.  The absolute worst was a FEMALE who shall remain nameless who is also a blatant sandbagger (level 94 tour pro who plays like a Tour Legend).

B. Why do you lump ALL guys together by saying "why do GUYS seem to think it's ok"?  I certainly don't think that ALL women are like the woman (who apparently is a NURSE in real life) who I mentioned in part A here.

C. For every JERK here there are at least 10 people who aren't jerks. 

D. I truly wish WGT would DO SOMETHING about the "jerks" here (and the blatantly obvious sandbaggers here - one of whom is - ridiculously - being highlighted today, i.e., a level 93 "Tour Pro" who has an average of 58.00) - but they WON'T...........all WGT is (apparently) interested in is having as many players play here as possible.  Whether they are jerks or sandbaggers seems to be of no importance to them as far as I can tell.

E.  I keep a "NEVER AGAIN" list myself (as a Word document) and list those here who I have no interest in playing another game with here on WGT.  That list of mine has WELL over 500 names on it at this point.  There are LOTS of "Jerks" here.  But considering that there are probably hundreds of thousands of players here - 500 isn't a large percentage of the total number of players here.  My suggestion would be - when you encounter jerks like this again ............simply quit the game (tell your Alternate Shot partner what you are going to do first) and move on AFTER starting your own NEVER AGAIN list and including their names on YOUR list.  Life is simply far too short to waste ANY of it playing this game with JERKS.

• fronny25
    280 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 3:55 PM

joking aside,,,,plz plz just ignore it,they soon get bored of it,just dont bite...

RSS