Help › Forums

Error when loading the client

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 13 2010 12:02 PM (1 replies)
  • aurelian
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 1:38 AM

Hi,

I wanted to play a match with a friend at St. Andrews(last 9). I created the match and he entered the game, and once i hit "Tee off" the game just froze(the game not the flash player).

After some time i closed the window since there was no way to cancel the request.. and now when i try to reopen the client i keep getting this error:

UNEXPECTED ERROR

WE'RE SORRY, THERE HAS BEEN AN ERROR WITH THE GAME. PLEASE CLOSE THE WINDOW AND TRY AGAIN LATER.

THANKS, WGT

My friend (username: knight81) is also getting the same error.

How can we overcome this?

Also, please note that i wanted to report the problem first from the game, but it seems that when the error is there, the reporting doesn't work as well.

Looking forward to hear from you as this is really frustrating.

thanks

Later edit:

Now i can log into my account. I got this message(or something similar): "Neither you or your opponent were able to finish the game. The game has been canceled"

Still, it would be great if i could somehow "restart" the game without having to wait that long for the game to work again.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 12:02 PM

Hi aurelian,

If you haven't done so already please follow this link to learn how to clear your browser and flash caches.  If you are seeing an unexpected error immediately upon loading the game chances are you have a few corrupt files in your cache.  That happens from time and time and clearing your caches will allow your PC to pick up fresh versions of the files.

After clearing both of your caches you're personal game options will be reset.  If you have preferences for graphical quality, flagstick animations or reflections you'll want to turn those on/off before you tee it up again.

RSS