Forums

Help › Forums

Booo Legend

Wed, Mar 27 2013 10:34 AM (175 replies)
  • RKPayne
    213 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2013 10:06 PM

thebigeasy707:
    BUT when the situation involves 2 players living together under the same roof, sharing the same connection...i.e man & wife, father & son and in this case partner & fiance, then I have to conclude the WGT Inquisition would be better NOT to pursue such players because it can only end up with honest players being harassed, many of whom might feel so upset by it all they choose to leave and regardless how people feel about MA's..... hounding players who live under the same roof needs a line drawn under it.

So, you think it's perfectly normal for someone with only a couple months experience on here to make Legend, have an average of 58, and shoot 26 on Kiawah? Must be playing a different game than I play.

Bob Payne

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2013 10:17 PM

RKPayne:

So, you think it's perfectly normal for someone with only a couple months experience on here to make Legend, have an average of 58, and shoot 26 on Kiawah?

Who said it was perfectly normal? .....Your words not mine. However on that note....just because it's not perfectly normal, this is no justification to label someone as a cheat or MA.

There are always going to be exceptions....so are all exceptions going to be labelled as cheaters or MA's?

People constantly moaning or squealing about cheaters and MA's obviously aren't putting in enough practice.

-----------------------------

Here's something in real life that's not perfectly normal either....BUT it happened.

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2013/03/25/nick-dalosio-summly-yahoo-sale/

17-Year-old Sells Mobile News App To Yahoo For $30 Million

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2013 10:50 PM

hyena64:

PaulTon:
    I'd leave the teaching to those who understand the correct use of an ampersand. Just saying..

Not sure where you schooled or exactly what you mean, but the use of the ampersand is entirely correct here. As I hope you know, it is a symbol meaning "and" & takes the place of said conjunction, & how is the statement, " ...deciding to live with it beats the heck out of trying to correct and teach everyone", incorrect?  Please enlighten me, as you seem to know something I do not.   Thank you for your impending teaching sir.     Take care.

SMS and Twitter aside, the ampersand in standard English usage and composition should follow these rules:

1. Business names. Using the ampersand as part of a business name is appropriate. An example of this is Dun & Bradstreet. Also, many attorneys with multiple partners connect their names with an ampersand.
    2. Addresses. Letters addressed to two people. For example, you may address your envelope like this: "Mr. & Mrs. Smith."
    3. Citing sources. When more than one author appears in a citation, use an ampersand to connect the last two (Nevid, Rathus, & Greene, 2008). Keep in mind that some styles such as APA use the ampersand here while others such as Chicago write out the word "and." If you have questions about this, be sure to consult your appropriate style handbook.
    4. Screenplay. When more than one name is attributed to a screenplay, the ampersand is used to connect the final two names.
    5. Et cetera. Sometimes et cetera is abbreviated using an ampersand rather than the beginning "et." In other words, English usage permits either &c. or etc.
    6. Programming and special characters. Most programming languages use the ampersand for concatenation, comparison operations, and other purposes. Programs such as Microsoft Excel also have special uses for the ampersand.

Except for these uses, always use "and."

Here endeth the lesson.

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2013 11:43 PM

Salubrious!

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2013 12:06 AM

thebigeasy707:

RKPayne:

So, you think it's perfectly normal for someone with only a couple months experience on here to make Legend, have an average of 58, and shoot 26 on Kiawah?

Who said it was perfectly normal? .....Your words not mine. However on that note....just because it's not perfectly normal, this is no justification to label someone as a cheat or MA.

There are always going to be exceptions....so are all exceptions going to be labelled as cheaters or MA's?

People constantly moaning or squealing about cheaters and MA's obviously aren't putting in enough practice.

-----------------------------

Here's something in real life that's not perfectly normal either....BUT it happened.

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2013/03/25/nick-dalosio-summly-yahoo-sale/

17-Year-old Sells Mobile News App To Yahoo For $30 Million

Yup that's awesome but people want to complain about a 26 shot in a UNLIMITED TOURNEY. Anyone can do that if they have the patience. Runwme said took 33 hours to shoot the first 49 on wgt. I'm not that patient but if you are low scores are not hard.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2013 12:31 AM

carolineRobert:

hummm ...this thread made some interesting reading. Especially since joshnosh was in my CC. That's right ---> WAS ...the reason being : i simply don't want to deal with suspecious people

i will never know for sure (just like all of you) if josh and Bella are 2 different people or the very same person ...and i honnestly don't really care much. But i know 3 things for sure :

1- there are many other sandbaggers and multis in here

2- some people will always find a way to cheat the system

3- no one is 100% honest at all times ...here or anywhere else

so why all the fuss ?...i suggest you guys move on to better things and simply forget about them or him. Just do what you guys are really here for ---> play.

+1

Going for a round right now....

:)

R.

• alosso
    21,052 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2013 12:43 AM

Who's beef is this?

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2013 12:46 AM

too funny how this thread has turned out...

Hyena is having a grammar affair with a stalker  :)

tbe

RSS