Forums

Help › Forums

1st HIO !

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 24 2013 9:38 AM (28 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 3:34 PM

Tar and Frappe, I have 2 double eagles on my replays, you gents go on and pick which ones you want. You may have them, they have not helped me at all. Can I have some of your putting skills in exchange. 

Renni

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 8:10 PM

Doc, belated congrats...just now found this thread...wtg man!

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2013 5:30 AM

Once again, to all my friends and well-wishers, many thanks ! To the uninitiated, it may seem a thing of small consequence, but, as you my fellow addicts know, it is one more step on the golf cart path to true enlightenment.

photo imagesCAIS3WLE_zps0f3c4727.jpg Doc :)

• zzturk
    150 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:25 AM

Quick putting "length" observations -

Fast greens = 100% -- Very fast greens = 90% --- tournament greens = 75%

Per cent of what? Actual distance plus uphill inches or minus downhill inches gets you a "net distance" per se. That net distance is where you apply the corresponding percentage.

If downhill more than 4 then putt will still be hot so reduce by experience. If uphill more than 2, you might need another foot of putt.

On putts under net 4, I never reduce below 100% - on tour green putts over 15 to about 100, I also reduce putt power 1 foot for every 15 feet - Example: 96 foot putt downhill 4 inches results in 92 feet, then times 75% = 69 feet, but there are six increments of fifteen within that net distance (of 92), so I'd putt 63 in this example.

Works for me - of course, other variables are strong face or tail wind, hogbacks, and severe breaks - you learn by feel. There is no ONE rule. 

But this should get you close to pin high contstantly.

• Crownroyalty
    50 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2013 5:49 PM

Congrats DOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 7:21 AM

You can have all my putting skills Renni..........esp the ones that give me 34 putts in a round.  I'll trade those for most anything.

I did get an ace on 18 at STA in alt shot the other day, unfortunately it was in alt shot so didn't count for a double eagle.  Had my 7th hole in one on #11 at STA as well.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 8:49 AM

TarheelsRule:

Great job on the hole in one.  They seem to run in pairs so maybe you will get another one soon.

I'll still looking for the elusive double eagle in stroke play.

You're right about running in pairs or even triplets. I had one on the last hole of a skins match on the best of par 3 course. And then had 2 more in the same week. One in an AS guild match and another in a RG.

It had been about a year since my last one before those 3. Weird.

CONGRATS DR!

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 9:07 AM

Thanks again guys ! No repeat yet,but, just missed a double eagle St' A's #10 this morning. Rolled one 10' past the pin, caught the back slope,  just missed the cup on the way back to the left and stopped 4' from it . Some tense moments there, lol.

Doc :)

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 9:38 AM

I'm late with my congrats, too, Doc. May many more and that double eagle drop for you soon.

RSS