Help › Forums

credits

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 19 2013 4:02 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DCook8405
    14 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 10:58 AM

Hi To All, I'm new here and so far really like what i see ....couple of questions to the group that have gone before me and maybe can share there experience.......first , i am not qualifying for alot of surveys to take .....any thoughts ,  and second , i have started collecting some credits to spend in the pro shop , whats a really good driver for distance and a slower counter for some better control ?      Thanks Darc

• TeacHa
    186 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 12:39 PM

The R11 10.5 lvl 29+ Driver is the perfect choice in my opinion, I purchased it with the complete R11 lvl 32+ Club Set when I moved up to Master back then (awesome Irons aswell :) played with them until lvl 79)  and it was a really good driver, forgiving with good distance.

If you look for something a little cheaper, I'd recommend the Ping 2010 Rapture V2 10.5 lvl 32+ Driver, also very forgiving, a little less distance but also a slower meter.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 12:55 PM

When you've got your driver your next buy should be wedges. Trust me.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 12:58 PM

Two Wedges before driver - he's an Amateur!

• DCook8405
    14 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 1:11 PM

Thanks TeachHa     Very much appreciated ....Darc

• DCook8405
    14 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 1:13 PM

Wedges ...Ok thanks        you have any favorites

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 1:55 PM

alosso:

Agreed, with a GIR percentage of less than 40 and very low scrambling stats, 2  wedges will have more of an impact on scoring than a driver. Also a putter would help as you struggle on the greens.

When you move up tier thats when a better driver will come into play.

Don't rush to upgrade as the more you level up, the better the clubs that will last as you tier up.

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 3:12 PM

alanti:

alosso:

Agreed, with a GIR percentage of less than 40 and very low scrambling stats, 2  wedges will have more of an impact on scoring than a driver. Also a putter would help as you struggle on the greens.

When you move up tier thats when a better driver will come into play.

Don't rush to upgrade as the more you level up, the better the clubs that will last as you tier up.

I agree...getthe wedges...putter.....irons....balls...and IMO.....try and get a descent driver...lots of forgiveness...but if i had it to do over...i'd wait and save for the L48 Taylor Made R1 TP 8.0 driver....its costly....but it was good for me till i made master.....thats just my opinion....others may differ...but u got to get whats comfortbale for your game

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 3:30 PM

Thanks Alan, but I disagree on the putter.

My thoughts on the subject are:

In general, unless the need for a change is irresistible,

- do not start to buy wedges before level 18,

- do not start to buy a putter before level 30,

- do not start to buy woods and irons before level 47/48,

- start buying balls as a Tour Pro, work your way through the list from cheap to expensive. Try to avoid using a ball with higher level than your main clubs.

Low level buys tend to become pointless too soon. Whatever you want to buy, look out for the possible better equipment available at a higher level.

• SteWolves
    8 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 4:02 PM

Hi and welcome, I found a good driver is all you need to start with. The V2 or G10 are ok for distance and meter speed. Good balls do help, but can get expensive; I use the cheap ones and still use the starter putter. The basic clubs and balls don't offer spin, so you will have to purchase decent irons or balls to achieve any.

Best of luck

• PAGES
RSS