Help › Forums

credits

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 19 2013 4:02 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 4:08 PM

Alosso, we are on the same page. When I said a putter I did add wait till better equipment is available (I should have clarified that) - in the case of putter - mid level 30s. The OP averages 2.43 putts per hole - partly because he is putting from distance. He needs a putter with more forgiveness and balance. the wedges should cut the distance down but I found the starters putter poor for putts over 10-15 feet (funnily very good under 10 feet).

When I finally bought a putter I opted for the level 35 Ghost  and only upgraded at about level 80 - but there are other (better) options depending on budget.

alosso:
    Low level buys tend to become pointless too soon. Whatever you want to buy, look out for the possible better equipment available at a higher level.

+1 - bide your time, treat it as an apprenticeship and will save you many many wasted credits.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 4:24 PM

alanti:
    The OP averages 2.43 putts per hole - partly because he is putting from distance. He needs a putter with more forgiveness and balance. the wedges should cut the distance down but I found the starters putter poor for putts over 10-15 feet (funnily very good under 10 feet).
    I think that 2.43 ain't not too bad for a beginner.

Yes, the long distance putts are unprecise with the Starter - it's the low balance which brings that in - but it may be only a few days until the Ghost or (wait some more) for the lvl 55 Rossa.

If 400 crs for the Spider burn in the pocket, o.k., get it. But the other two are certainly better, worth the wait IMHO!

• PAGES
RSS