Forums

Help › Forums

30,45,60, and 90 second clock

Fri, Aug 13 2010 6:00 PM (32 replies)
  • werksux
    241 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 8:31 AM

wizbang360:

lol    ok   thought it was obvious,   59 sec without penalty,  if you cant make a shot in 60 sec then you deserve a penalty.

I think you missed his point, after you timeout once in a round you can't time out again for the rest of the round without a penalty stroke.  So you only get 59 seconds once in the entire round, not per hole, not per shot.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 8:35 AM

I, for one, cannot believe Mr. Faterson has not come out of reclusive, relaxing retirement and commented on the shot clock. 

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 8:38 AM

YankeeJim:

werksux:
    Well, I learned something today, never knew "juddery" was a word, lol.

LOL and I bet you knew exactly what it meant.  :-D

Well, I had a pretty good idea since it revolved around the meter, lol.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 12:11 PM

werksux:
    I think you missed his point
    wow   did not know  that,     have never timed out.  Thanks for the clarification.

• Mike3226
    2,683 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 1:34 AM

werksux:

Mike3226:

In my opinion a 60 second option would have been much better than 30 seconds.

Sometimes due to a juddery meter you have to wait 3 or 4 times before you can hit the ball - this alone probably takes up the 30 seconds!

Well, I learned something today, never knew "juddery" was a word, lol.

I've made up some better ones than that!  

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 6:30 AM

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Doublemochaman:

I, for one, cannot believe Mr. Faterson has not come out of reclusive, relaxing retirement and commented on the shot clock. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 2:04 PM

Doublemochaman:
    I, for one, cannot believe Mr. ******** has not come out of reclusive, relaxing retirement and commented on the shot clock.
    Hush!  You remember that movie from the late 80's with Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Wynona Ryder and Michael Keaton in the title role -- where if you say his name 3 times he appears.  Remember what a pain the --- he was to get rid of?  Do you want that here??!  Well, DO YOU?!?!?!?!

Our friend is not retired, iirc.  He has apparently found a home where he can be in full and complete charge over a forum, where everybody gets to play by his rules.

It's a beautiful thing....   a true win/win situation.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 2:21 PM

Ahh Snaike... you are playing the snake charmer and are coaxing him out of his hole.  I say let's invite him back, as a guest commentator, just to discuss this thread, and this thread only.  There is some fun in the delicious mayhem he creates.  Dang!  I can't believe i wrote this whole thing without naming his name!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 11:34 AM

No need to chance it, DMM... simply head over to the Ladders and you can read his verbose commentaries on anything and everything.

I especially like where he gets to write (off-topic and every chance he gets, of course) paragraph after paragraph on the ineffectiveness and inadequacies of WGT's "pseudo-forums".  (That's code for "They wouldn't let me run it my way, so they can't be a real forum.")

No freaking thank you.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 7:19 PM

Snaike:

No need to chance it, DMM... simply head over to the Ladders and you can read his verbose commentaries on anything and everything.

I especially like where he gets to write (off-topic and every chance he gets, of course) paragraph after paragraph on the ineffectiveness and inadequacies of WGT's "pseudo-forums".  (That's code for "They wouldn't let me run it my way, so they can't be a real forum.")

No freaking thank you.

Good to know that there's no hard feelings between you two Snaike. lol

RSS