Forums

Help › Forums

Logged Off

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 20 2013 2:12 PM (8 replies)
  • missbirdie
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 1:27 PM

Can someone tell me why i can do anything on this site but as soon as i hit the play now box i get logged off over and over again. Thank you for any help you can give.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 3:28 PM

Not sure which browser you are using. Instead of clicking the PLAY NOW, right click on it to open the sub-menu, Under the Storage Tab, check the Local Storage by Site and make sure you have" www.media5.wgt.com & s.ytimg.com "set to allow. Then see if it lets you play. Also make sure you allow WGT to use pop-up window.

• Scoton
    174 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:34 PM

WGT has been flaky today. I was logged off several times too. It seems to be better now.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 3:01 AM

missbirdie:

Can someone tell me why i can do anything on this site but as soon as i hit the play now box i get logged off over and over again. Thank you for any help you can give.

Not sure why but I rarely play by hitting the play now button. I have the game client page as my browser home page and as soon as the browser loads I am on the game client and just play from there. 

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 11:40 AM

borntobesting:
    ... I rarely play by hitting the play now button. I have the game client page as my browser home page and as soon as the browser loads I am on the game client and just play from there. 

+1!

Setting browser home page to the game client ( http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx ) - I've found - gives a better game play environment. I believe BTBS, like me, uses Comodo Dragon (based on Chrome, but without the unwanted Flash mods that Chrome rams down one's throat - resulting in PepperFlash issues, the game chat space-bar prob, crappy meter, etc.). 

Using Dragon's maximize screen setting, IMHO gives preferable results over the use of WGT's maximize button in lower right of play screen ... better graphics, etc.  Access teh settings menu for your browser, and select 'Advanced ...' I get a pop-up like this:

In the advanced settings section, I click where indicated, and get the pop-up below and set what I want - then click 'Done'

For better stability, get a fresh load of WGT each session by clearing browser cache and history on closing browser.

Check your Flash management settings periodically; Flash can pick up accumulated junk from other sites and bog down play.  Rather than access via right-clicking on play screen, I have Flash Management as a favorite -> http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html

First I go to Global Security settings and get the following pop-up. Make sure the game client and WGT home are allowed and trusted.

And then I go to finally to flash Webbsite Storage tab, and in the resulting pop- below, I clear all websites - note that this may mean WGT and game preference settings too! Re-entering your game options is a small price to pay for performance improvements you'll get. I do it once a month, along with other maintenance (reboot WiFi, thorough disc scan/defrag, blah blah blah) - or if I note sudden deterioration in game play.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 11:46 AM

gr8flbob:
    I believe BTBS, like me, uses Comodo Dragon (based on Chrome, but without the unwanted Flash mods that Chrome rams down one's throat - resulting in PepperFlash issues, the game chat space-bar prob, crappy meter, etc.). 

I do too and that's ALL I use it for. By the looks of it you use CD as your main browser and that rather defeats the purpose of a dedicated browser. JMO.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 12:30 PM

YankeeJim:

gr8flbob:
    I believe BTBS, like me, uses Comodo Dragon (based on Chrome, but without the unwanted Flash mods that Chrome rams down one's throat - resulting in PepperFlash issues, the game chat space-bar prob, crappy meter, etc.). 

I do too and that's ALL I use it for. By the looks of it you use CD as your main browser and that rather defeats the purpose of a dedicated browser. JMO.

Also clearing your cache every time you play hurts you more that it helps. You have to load everything back into cache every time you play which makes the game load much slower. WGT recommends clearing your cache only after an update or if you are getting very strange results with your shots. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 12:46 PM

borntobesting:
     WGT recommends clearing your cache only after an update or if you are getting very strange results with your shots. 

... or if they can't think of anything else to say.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2013 2:12 PM

YankeeJim:
    I do too [use Comodo dragon for WGT play] and that's ALL I use it for. By the looks of it you use CD as your main browser and that rather defeats the purpose of a dedicated browser. JMO.

FWIW, Jim I use Dragon only for 1 thing at a time. Because it's pretty secure, I also use it for my financial biz. But when playing WGT there are no other Dragon tabs or windows open.

General browsing and surfing, I use Firefox or Chrome - whichever the target site is happiest on, lol. IntExpl ... only if I must.

RSS