Forums

Help › Forums

Solid black square in middle of game screen

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 5 2014 7:38 AM (61 replies)
  • MCH2
    36 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2014 7:05 AM

I also have the black box problem. I also had it a few months ago and I believe WGT took the offending ad down or at least fixed the issue.

• littleJonJon
    23 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2014 7:37 AM

I have have been having the black rectangular box appear and sometimes when the game first starts after player selection, I get a black square in the center of my screen, does not go away unless you x-out and come back, the rectangular box will go away after it shows score again, unless the add doesn't load. A friend of mine told me he was having the same problem with comodo dragon and Chrome. So he tried Mozilla fire fox and has not had any more problems since. I also used Chrome and dragon, having the same result. I now  use Mozilla and do not have that problem. I do wish the problem gets resolved soon, because I like Chrome better. Just thought this may help.

Jon

• howmanylicks
    843 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2014 11:54 AM

rmchangin:

When the Black box appears.....click on the Menu  open up the score card...let it fully open then close....Black box should disappear.....Greg......But as I said in my Post WE should not have to go through all this crap and fix it OUR SELF'S.....THIS IS WGT JOB!

Thank you so much =)

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:09 PM

Black box is still popping up

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:30 PM

Jresh0817:

Don't know if this was mentioned ( I skipped the thread)... but...

... the workaround I'm using is this: Click "Menu", then "Scorecard".

A new advert will load, and after exiting the scorecard, and the box will be gone.

It's happening a lot lately... looks like WGT has some investigating to do... bad code in someone's ad (?).

• silvrfox1
    824 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2014 1:22 PM

I have had the same problem---I maximize the screen and it goes away. 

it stays until I maximize screen.

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2014 2:41 PM

TY...I will try this...

PugsAce:

Jresh0817:

Don't know if this was mentioned ( I skipped the thread)... but...

... the workaround I'm using is this: Click "Menu", then "Scorecard".

A new advert will load, and after exiting the scorecard, and the box will be gone.

It's happening a lot lately... looks like WGT has some investigating to do... bad code in someone's ad (?).

• GirnBlanston
    648 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2014 7:38 AM

Not sure I have faith in WGT to fis this.  I believe they are overwhelmed and woefully unprepared for the traffic this site attracts.  They have developed a wonderful game but seem to be as well prepared for its popularity as the Obamacare site was.

• whinsoul
    134 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2014 7:47 AM

happens to me when the ad does not load... so can not say what ad it would have been.

the menu scorecard fixes it till the next bad ad.

• Perkupmyputter
    436 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2014 8:35 AM

All the sudden now, for the past week, I have been having trouble with the black ad box, and the game scorecard box, showing up on the game screen. I cannot see to shoot, and most of the time WGT won't let me hit the ball. So I have to reload the page!   Frustrating, and too many disconnects means game over!   HELP PLEASE!!

I have used Maxthon browser now for over 2 month's with no problems. Now the BS is starting to make me mad as it ruins a good game normally. I spend half decent money for club upgrades and balls on here, so I hope something can be done soon....it's not me!! ~Master Bruce

RSS