Help › Forums

jerking meter

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 8 2013 7:11 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BadAssPete
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:13 PM

I am having some problems with my meter. It seems to jerk as I Can anyone out there help me with my problem. Thanking you in advance for any help that you can give me.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:50 PM

Try a different browser, l was using Maxthon, then l noticed it was getting a bit 'spikey' and jumpy regardless of the about cache's and temp files l cleared. Uninstalled and installed several times to no avail.

l'm now using Comodo and since the last update is been really smooth with no issues what so ever.

• VirtualGareth
    94 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 2:01 AM

Try allowing the meter to run all the way without clicking again. Your player will swing and miss (it will not eb counted as a shot!)

The next time you set the power you will find that the meter is not jerking.

Hope this works for you!

• BuddhaDharma
    45 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 3:59 AM

Perhaps a different browser and try to keep your cache clean.  Once you dump temporary files and thumbnails, reset the game.  You should see a difference in the frame rates.  Meter should smooth out at that point.  If you are still getting the jittery frame rate LET THE METER GO, don't try to hit the ball.  Go back and see if you can dump anything else from your cache that you don't need.  In fact you may want to make it a habit before you start each session, then you won't have to keep going back all the time in the middle of a round.  Hope this was helpful to you :)

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 9:06 AM

BadAssPete:
    I am having some problems with my meter. It seems to jerk

heh

• DInnes3
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 10:39 AM

It [Menu]->[Options] try setting the flash to "low" quality, I don't  experience  the jerks that way.

• Glossopade
    518 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 2:40 PM

DInnes3:

It [Menu]->[Options] try setting the flash to "low" quality, I don't  experience  the jerks that way.

Yep. I get away with medium setting, using Comodo Dragon. Not quite as sharp as the high quality setting and occasionally the flag stick disappears with an approach shot, but very rarely get any meter problems..... touch wood !!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 10:10 PM

And always make sure you have no other windows open when playing. That makes a big difference.

• StrayedFairway
    379 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 8:31 AM

courteneyfish:
    And always make sure you have no other windows openwhen playing. That makes a big difference.

I had no idea that the game client was so sensitive to drafts from open windows, so as a precaution, I redecorated my room, and sealed all windows.

I am very happy now with my smooth meter, Thanks Courteneyfish :)

Stray

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 8:44 AM

do you not find it difficult to hit the ding though facing backwards like that ?

• PAGES
RSS