Forums

Help › Forums

Please shorten the wait between Ready-Go's.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 6 2010 6:27 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 5:54 PM

I don't know why people do this, but they sign up for a tournament, and then they don't actually play... or maybe they get a crappy shot and hit the [x] on the WGT window and never actually withdraw.  You have to wait the full 12 hours in order to get freed up and do another.  I hate these morons.

IMO, give people 4 hours to complete 9 holes and 6 hours to complete 18 holes.  Either that or allow us to be in duplicate Ready-Go's.

I am sick of having to wait for Kiawah to open up.  :(

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 6:11 PM

Your kidding right?   Why would you want to increase your chances of drawing the likes of Bollux and Avatar in your ready gos?  Just a thought!

Cheers

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 6:30 PM

b0geybuster:

Your kidding right?   Why would you want to increase your chances of drawing the likes of Bollux and Avatar in your ready gos?  Just a thought!

Cheers

Some people just don't understand that the shorter the wait the better or should I say worse is the chance that they will play the likes of Bollie Lee and Price in every rg.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 6:40 PM

b0geybuster:

Cheers

Not a huge problem.  You could make the winnings go a little deeper (e.g. 1. 425, 2. 350, 3. 275, 4. 250, 5-10. 210, 11-15. 120, 16-30. 60) to compensate for the better players playing more games.  (They'd still make the same money, since they'd be able to play extra games.  Maybe even more if they were addicted to the game... lol.)

Those two should cancel each other out, and you wouldn't have to wait, either, so everyone should be happy?

You could maybe even convince the WGT people to take a smaller cut (i.e. up the payout to 4250) since the R-G's would be churned out twice as fast.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 1:08 PM

I agree 100% with the OP!

Have a look back through the last 50 or so closed Ready Go's and see how many (if any) actually finish with 50/50 played on any course?

Why are you all so scared of playing the top players here?

They are human after all and nobody can play 100% every time without 3rd party help, it just isn't possible!

Golf is a game where it is you versus the course isn't it?

Play well and you will be rewarded:)

WGT: Give us a "Forfeit or Resume later" option that pops up when we hit the X button in disgust!

At least some of the inconsiderate people may just use it?

+1 for shorter waiting times...

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 10:06 PM

GoldCard:
    Why are you all so scared of playing the top players here?

They are human after all and nobody can play 100% every time without 3rd party help, it just isn't possible!

QFT!

$0.00
    $0.00

$0.00
    $0.00

$0.00
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 12:14 AM

GoldCard:
    WGT: Give us a "Forfeit or Resume later" option that pops up when we hit the X button in disgust!

PS: That won't work because there will always be some *** in almost every tournie that signed up right before he went to bed so he could finish in the morning and be able to play again 2 hours later.

Those people, a few others, and quitters are the ones causing the hold-ups, so nothing is going to work outside of shorter clocks or being able to play multiple instances of the same course.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 12:43 AM

Well hopefully wgt will do something but as I have asked for this before, I won't be holding my breath waiting mate:)

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 8:12 PM

Apparently even iconian, the best player that I've seen in the R-G's in the past 2 weeks is beatable.  :D

$0.00

$0.00

That's my only win out of like 8-10 rounds vs. her, though.  xD
  • iconian
    599 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 9:14 PM

CharlemagneRH:

Apparently even iconian, the best player that I've seen in the R-G's in the past 2 weeks is beatable.  :D

$0.00

$0.00

That's my only win out of like 8-10 rounds vs. her, though.  xD

Thanks, I work out.

• PAGES
RSS