Forums

Help › Forums

New, and could use some help

Fri, Jul 26 2013 12:27 AM (22 replies)
  • AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 12:32 PM

Hewsey:

I agree !00%. Also IMO a good ball to start with would be WGT G13 D. They will slow your meter somewhat & give a little extra distance. I used them right up to Legend.

Not a terrible suggestion and might be good if he's really low on credits but for a bit more you can get the Srixon Z-Star Balls level 11+  for 80 more credits, it's much more durable so it adds up to be about the same expense. You get 2 bars of spin which the G13 D has none and more distance but half a dot less of feel which will make it only a little faster meter.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 12:54 PM

I liked my Tour-SD for unbeatable 65 crs...

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 1:06 PM

Bahnzo:
    One thing that's really giving me trouble are bunker and rough shots. For some reason I can hit a shot, and it goes 0 feet. And then hit the same shot and it goes 15 yards. I've read everything I can find on chips and lies, etc, but nothing really mentions what the hell is going on here? Are there certain lies you just can't hit a pitch/chip/flop shot from or what? I've had a couple decent rounds ruined by triple bogeys because I hit a shot that goes absolutely nowhere. 
    Looks like the common "chip" trap, caused by the drunken old caddie - learn to mistrust him at every shot, first and most with chips!

The game will offer you a chip for every shot below 20 yds, regardless of the situation.

There are guides for chip and pitch available, therefore I'll only give you a few hints.

- a chip will fly about 20% of it's way and must land on fringe or green. It's severely shortened by rough.

- a pitch may fly 40-70% of it's way and must land on fairway at least. It's still influenced by rough.

If you aren't sure, just take a shot which will land on the green (punch, full, sometimes flop).

From 30% bunker, a pitch or flop may work, a punch or full will work.

• Leaddude
    61 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 1:49 PM

I, too am a recent devotee to WGT.  I was 4 yards off the green in 30-40 grade rough, and it took me FIVE tries to get the ball on the green.    On three of those tries, the ball DID NOT MOVE. Why not?  What gives?   My NINE carded on that hole, gave me a 44 for the round!

• Bahnzo
    20 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 3:00 PM

alosso:
    Looks like the common "chip" trap, caused by the drunken old caddie - learn to mistrust him at every shot, first and most with chips!

How true, I've definitely learned not to trust my caddie, not only on the chips, but the green as well. And even then I'm still getting burned by not double checking the putter distance and blowing a putt 20+ feet past the hole. DOH!

• Bahnzo
    20 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 3:03 PM

Leaddude:

I, too am a recent devotee to WGT.  I was 4 yards off the green in 30-40 grade rough, and it took me FIVE tries to get the ball on the green.    On three of those tries, the ball DID NOT MOVE. Why not?  What gives?   My NINE carded on that hole, gave me a 44 for the round!

What I've learned is that you have to be careful about your lie and shot type. If you are in the "weeds" or anything 40/50 or worse, then you can't chip or pitch. You need to use a full shot, or punch. It's like they aren't strong enough to power the ball from such a difficult lie. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 3:13 PM

Leaddude:

alosso:

The game will offer you a chip for every shot below 20 yds, regardless of the situation.

There are guides for chip and pitch available, therefore I'll only give you a few hints.

- a chip will fly about 20% of it's way and must land on fringe or green. It's severely shortened by rough.

- a pitch may fly 40-70% of it's way and must land on fairway at least. It's still influenced by rough.

If you aren't sure, just take a shot which will land on the green (punch, full, sometimes flop).

From 30% bunker, a pitch or flop may work, a punch or full will work.

• Bahnzo
    20 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 7:03 PM

I'm considering buying my first clubs. I've done the math and I've got enough credits for the following wedges:

Cleveland CG16 56° Wedge 

Cleveland CG16 60° Wedge 

Cleveland CG16 64° Wedge 

These seem like a good deal, and should last me thru the 50's. Any comments?

I've also got plenty left over and will buy some Woods/Irons when I reach lvl 33 or so. Which I'm hoping will last me as well until the 50's+, with the hope that I can answer enough survey's to save enough credits to upgrade. 

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 8:13 PM

Christmas in July is going on now. Santa's are giving away all kinds of things. Check the forums before you buy anything.

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 8:37 PM

Christmas in July is giving away clubs today,come on all you newish players .go to this link and have a go.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/186024.aspx

RSS