• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2013 8:30 PM

alosso:

ZioMio:

Upload to here http://postimage.org/

[...]

Copy the 2nd (direct link) option down.

Then paste the url in the' insert media' option in your post. And voila.........

Read "copy the URL of a picture available in the internet (e.g. by upload to postimage or imageshack or...) to the paste buffer. Paste the URL to "insert media"."

We can't copy&paste a picture directly from our computers.

AFAIS, Courteney refers to a different subject, changing the picture in "appearance". This loads directly from the local PC, BTW.

Alosso, you will need to be careful how you edit the quote. You have me making the quote in your reply, when it is actually PaulTon we quoted. ;-)

alosso:

We can't copy&paste a picture directly from our computers.

This is correct, it has to be on the Internet. But you can (I have) used the copy and paste from the hosting site without using the urls links.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2013 11:26 PM

Excuse me, Zio, I corrected my mistake.

When I copy a picture from a website, I get the URL, too - in a comfortable way.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:42 AM

alosso:
    When I copy a picture from a website, I get the URL, too - in a comfortable way.

You have to visit the website itself though. The image above I found through Google-Images. Copying it from the search results did not work, visiting the website and copying it from there did.

R.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2013 3:44 AM

for an image in google search , i found , right click , then view image then  copy and paste the URL from there ......... only problem being with using searched images , is if the host removes the image it also removed from wgt forums , also , if it hosted privately on a really slow server it can cause load issues on wgt , if there is a lot of externally hosted images put in these forums (ie not hosted by a dedicated hosting site) , it can actually slow down the loading of wgt forums...... another good free image host is http://photobucket.com/

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2013 11:41 AM

Mushy01:
    if the host removes the image it also removed from wgt forums

Also if the copyright police find it posted, they will remove it for infringement.

RSS