Help › Forums

Christmas in July 2013 , Day # 4

Sun, Sep 1 2013 8:17 AM (68 replies)
  • Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2013 4:14 PM

alanti:

Ducati916:

Really??   look at your own profile...You joined in July 2011 and have scores showing in your score history from 2012.....If you're going to lie, at least make the lie a little harder to find.....

Posted under the wrong account?

BINGO.....detective alanti on the case.....

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2013 5:00 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if I should invest so much time and effort in putting any more of these events together.

I have a great idea for December but honestly......I'm getting a little discouraged.

MC

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2013 7:45 PM

mrcaddie:
    wonder if I should invest so much time and effort in putting any more of these events together.

Sir , Look at all the Good things that happend  in Christmas in July . 

We gave back to the Game that brings Friends together .

Some of us  here look forward to the part of the Game that Players like Yancy , Andson , DrMoose , Q , Esssy ,  that do the part to bring the community  some fun .

Please Include me for Day # 4  ( the vid,s and survies have been paying off ) When you do the next Xma 

opy

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2013 8:13 PM

I echo Opys sentiments, what you pulled together (and all the generous Santas) for Christmas in July was remarkable and it certainly made me proud to me a member of the community.

Yes there will always be a small minority that will try and abuse and misuse any system, but what you orchestrated helped many new players. And I am sure in turn that those players in turn will give back to the game where they can.

This game has given me a lot of pleasure since I started playing, as have the forums and the community so giving a little bit back to new players is a pleasure.

The only failing IMO was the lack of publicity of the forums which is purely in WGT's hands. The players tried to raise the awareness via CC's talking to players in matches and keeping the threads active. This is an ongoing systemic failure on behalf of WGT. It probably took me a year to find the forums, and in that time I could have become a lot better at the game from the wisdom and help held within these forums and it would have also saved me money in wasted equipment upgrades.

• Elknoxious
    1,123 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2013 9:37 PM

I would have to agree with the above comments.  

I thought you did an awesome job filtering potential candidates and so did the other Santas. The greed that rules some peoples lives will always be an issue no matter what (look at wall street). I would bet that everyone here helped more honest players out than people who fear a lit bag of crap on their front porch every night. 

The 12 days of Christmas is like magic in WGT. It's amazing seeing so many people get together to help out 78 thankful members of this community. 

Keep doing what you're doing and don't let the greedy ones get you down. Fight on!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2013 4:28 AM

Standing applause for the great comments. MC you know there are several of us who can't say enough about your efforts, keep the faith brother.

Rich

• HacMcDuffer
    1,094 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2013 6:33 AM

MC...... Don't stop believing   ;-)

What you did at X-Mas and in July was incredible.

Cheers !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjzHMhBtf0

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2013 8:17 AM

To: Opy, Alanti, Elk, Hyena, Ren & Hac-

Thanks for helping me to stay focused and keep my eyes on the prize, which is to help as many new players to the game enjoy their experience here as much as we have.

As someone suggested, I'll try harder to focus on the positives and less on the negatives.

Thanks guys.

MC

RSS