Forums

Help › Forums

Which Putter to get

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 16 2013 7:18 PM (6 replies)
  • ekdeer
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2013 5:00 PM

Tossing around as to what putter is the best.  Either Method Or Odyssey and cannot seem to make up my mind.  Everytime I look and evaluate I change my mind as to which one is the best.  I have used the Method on free weekend but never have used the Odyssey and know nothing about it as to the use it would be.  I need some help deciding which one is better, irrregaurdless of the credit prices.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2013 5:33 PM

Alot depends on you and your style of putting. There really is no BEST ONE to get........If I were you I would rent them both and make a choice from there.

But if you have some extra dough and dont mind spending get them both :)

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2013 5:49 PM

If I could add this , There is a event on right now called " Christmas in July "  .

Some of the Santa,s helpers are giving away free stuff from the pro shop .

Look in the forums under " And every thing else "  for the Christmas in July threads  , There you just might find that on day # ?  a Santa or helper with a Stocking Stuffer might just add you to Santa,s list of good little Boy,s and Girl,s 

iaaR ( R ) ft 

• thebigwoofer
    13 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2013 6:39 PM

I know you are not at master level but imo the best one is the Max control.The increments make it very easy to use,I tried it on the free weekend and absolutely love it.It will be my next putter,when I get 2500 credits,lol.

The Woof

• DynamiteTommy
    172 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2013 7:13 PM

Max putter or anything like it

• BuddhaDharma
    45 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2013 7:15 PM

Every player has thier own style and opinions on which putter is the best.  I personally use the Max Control (L80+).  This putter is VERY accurate, has outstanding meter increments, and is very balanced.  Of course this is just my opinion.  But I can tell you that I have used this putter for around 5 months now and continue to be amazed at some of the shots I have made with it.  Previously I have used the Ghost Spider, a pretty good one.  I tried the Odyssey but since I am so dialed in on the meter increments on the Max Control Putter I had a hard time adjusting but it is a very nice putter as well.  Used the Nike Method, also a good putter with decent meter increments but in the end it's the Max Control for me.  If you can afford this one it is money very well spent.  It dosen't take too long to get used to and like any other club it requires some practice.  I was looking forward to the top of the line Ghost when I got to that level but I can't imagine it being even close to what the Max Control does.  Again, just my opinion.  Good luck on your final choice!

Vic (BuddhaDharma).  :)

P.S. You may want to check what other players are saying about the Max in it's comment section.......

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2013 7:18 PM

Hi EK and I agree with PJ, there is no best. Putters are a personal thing but whatever you go for - stick with it.

I use the upper level Method and personally love it. The only downside is putts under 10 feet have to be hit harder - again if you buy it, stick with it and you soon learn. I used the Odyssey (and a couple of other putters) on the free rental weekend. Performance wise was similar to the Method. The thing I did not like was the scale - after using the Nike 10/20 scale the calculations on 15/30 got confusing - but this may work better with what you are used to.

There is one thing I will advise, and that is to think about getting a third wedge. Your GIR are poor and so are your scrambling stats, and a third wedge will help, and also help get the ball closer to the pin. And really work on the scrambling.

Note - I am a "ding" putter (well try to be lol) and the Method works well with this

Edit - Further to the Max lovers, this was one I tried as well as the top Ghost. As above the Max was preferred option due to the scale increments for me - but that is one ugly mother of a putter lol. Looked like a hockey stick on the green. So I willstick with the Nike.

RSS