Help › Forums

Im Sick Of This!!!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 9 2010 10:55 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 6:35 AM

Im getting really  peed off with people Quitting ,can we Have a Name n Shame   Sticky  Please?

Played this guy ***** today , back  9,after 1st 2 holes  i was 2 up against ***** ranking 70 that number at side of your name whatever its called :O0  He said  he may have too Quit ,too keep his average down,i thought WTF .

Upto  hole 8  he was 2  up  then went in the Water   i was on green so he would have dropped 3 Leaving me in front too  the last hole. As soon as he went in the water he said Thats it  im Off ,and just  left..  This isnt Sportsmanship at all i would never do that  unless   my connection was cut or something like that.  Pisses me off he Blatanly said thats it im  off   i cant win and want too keep me Average low so He can  Join the Money Tnys...

Cant we have a Name n Shame section.  becuase these  people having tioo  cheat like this dont deserve too be in here. 

Rant over :O)

Thanks  Keith...

• TarheelsRule
    5,550 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:24 PM

This has been discussed a number of times on the forums.  Really not much you can do about it unless you only play your friends.  I tend to play random players in stroke play and match play so I have it happen all the time.

On a related note, today I started a 9 hole stroke play match with three other players, all pro tier on the front nine of St Andrews.  For the first time since I joined WGT about a year ago, all four players finished the nine.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:48 PM

Hi Busta, this is the achilles of this otherwise generally really engaging game. As said by Tarheels, this particular issue has been discussed ad nauseam in the fora and to the credit of WGT admins they are developing a reputation ranking system that will be visible to all. This reputation ranking will be affected by the amount of uncalled-for disconnections during a game, however, how will this be programmed to take technical issues for disconnections into consideration is anyone's guess.

On a friendly note, mentioning users' names/nicks in the forum is frowned upon by WGT.

Keep vertical

Sanco

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 5:35 PM

I too have complained about quitters,   but   if you think of it as you against the course it may help you,  you are not playing the other player  unless it is match play.

• DirtyLyle
    3 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 9:04 PM

Have only just started playing. I have played against unknown opponents twice, both times they have had a bad hole and have quit, it's annoying and these people should loose rankings or credits or something if they do it more than 3 times.

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2010 1:10 PM

I have at times gifted balls to players who start badly but finish none the less.  No telling how many players have missed out on that.  I'm don't think many players realize that wgt only uses the top 10 of the most recent 14 rounds to figure avg.  One bad round may not even hurt your avg., especially if the 15 score was a bad one.  If you are going to start a round, finish it.  I don't even mind someone not putting out the last hole.

p.s....if you want to quit during matchplay challenges, that is ok!

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2010 1:42 PM

try the ladders site...great fun and no quitters......

http://www.wgtls.co.uk

• mham
    43 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2010 9:12 AM

I had to leave  game today because my monitor blew up, but i never quit in a multi player game. However yesterday i was playing a 3-ball and before the first hole was completed i was alone. People should either practise until they are happy with their game, and then join muiti-player or stick with it even if you have a bad hole. It's poor form from WGT members

• shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Sun, Aug 8 2010 5:45 AM

I have to agree with Harvey on this one; WGTLS is where you go if you like people to finish rounds.  But I have to say, I like it when people quit on match play... your score only counts for one hole.  If you quit, you concede the match, even if you're up.  But it's still a hell of a way to win one.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Aug 8 2010 8:01 AM

BustaSpliff:
    Im getting really  peed off with people Quitting ,can we Have a Name n Shame   Sticky  Please?

meter, quitting, quitting, meter, meter, quitting, quitting, meter

Time to use the forum for something else. This has been discussed and cussed but the bottom line is

WGT KNOWS AND WILL DO NOTHING,so live with it and play the best you can

• PAGES
RSS