The Elite Collection

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 8 2010 6:42 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 8:15 AM

What exactly is the point of this?

In order to get yourself a $500 gift card you need to trade the equivalent of $3,000 in credits, surely it should be one for one?

However that seems less ludicrous when you consider that the VIP guest access for next years US Open comes in at 10,000,000 credits or $100,000 in earnings. Can somebody please explain to me how the hell anyone is going to accrue that sort of amount in less than a year?

C'mon WGT get your finger out and offer a fairer system of obtaining reasonable prizes at reasonable exchange rates!

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 8:35 AM

It is a business and it may be a litle high, you have to remember if you are that good, these aren't your credits, someone else is paying for these things.  

Also some of these may be pipe dreams like the car, but none the less I am sure many are trying.

Cheers

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 8:36 AM

I think that if every member of WGT pooled their credits, there still wouldn't be enough credits for the Maserati !   lol

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 9:28 AM

b0geybuster:

you have to remember if you are that good, these aren't your credits, someone else is paying for these things.  

Sorry Bogeybuster but the credits I have were won fair and square in tournaments. There is no compulsion to enter them and risk losing your original stake. I face the same risk as anyone else does when entering a Ready Go, as my latest 37 and 35 will confirm.

Whatever your view on whose credits they are, it still is a ridiculously poor offering in prizes considering you are unable to encash them.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 9:47 AM

tiffer67:
    Sorry Bogeybuster but the credits I have were won fair and square in tournaments. There is no compulsion to enter them and risk losing your original stake. I face the same risk as anyone else does when entering a Ready Go, as my latest 37 and 35 will confirm.

I realize you won them fair and square. And yes over priced as I mentioned.  But none the less why would a company offer you to cash out at even par.  Makes no sense at all, would be bad business. 

Cheers

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 10:06 AM

Hey Tiffer,

I received my $500 gift card a few weeks back - I still stare at it and think of all the blood, sweat, and tears (ok, clicks) that went into getting it.  No doubt those that are closing in on it (Icon, Yoban, Infinito, probably a few others I'm forgetting) are having a bittersweet experience as well. 

So is all the work worth $500 bucks?  Heck no  :-), but when you add the personal enjoyment factor of playing this game so frequently for free (you, myself, and many others have been able to play from a 'credit positive' position for quite a while now, not spending any of our own hard earned real coin), I think the price gets closer to being right.

Bogey's right, the poor prize/credit conversion rate is WGT's price for their cost of investment, maintenance, and enhancements for the site we all waste so many hours a day playing!  Happy hitting and enjoy the chase to the gift card before it starts to torture you like it did me!

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 10:15 AM

I had a robotic finger implanted few weeks ago. Still 70k short...I wanna try to get there before October...

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 10:33 AM

pricehcs:

Hey Tiffer,

I received my $500 gift card a few weeks back - I still stare at it and think of all the blood, sweat, and tears (ok, clicks) that went into getting it.  No doubt those that are closing in on it (Icon, Yoban, Infinito, probably a few others I'm forgetting) are having a bittersweet experience as well. 

Thanks Pricehcs, I am delighted to hear there are some of you guys out there who are able to obtain something tangible for your efforts and great play. Unfortunately I am not in the same league as you guys when it comes to scoring......in fact I have worked out that it will take me another 5 years to get the $500 gift card as I am one tenth of the way there, lol.......

You are right however in relation to the free playing of the game, that was originally my hope when I started playing the RGs. I suppose I am just being greedy now :^)

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 10:37 AM

b0geybuster:

I realize you won them fair and square. And yes over priced as I mentioned.  But none the less why would a company offer you to cash out at even par.  Makes no sense at all, would be bad business. 

Cheers

I agree 1 to 1 is a bit on the hopeful side but 6 to 1 is a bit mean if you ask me and I'm a Scotsman, we're renown for being mean, lol.....

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:09 PM

i did a little table so you get a rough idea of the length it would take to purchase some of the elite collection

this is based on you winning 1st prize every time in all current 9 RG's if you played them once in 24 hours not 12.

$500 Amazon card    = 75 Days

eGolf  Instruction   =    2.37 Years  

Golf in Ireland      =     4.74 years

Masserati    =     47.35 YEARS!! 

• PAGES
RSS