Forums

Help › Forums

New looking to make friends

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 18 2014 11:15 AM (29 replies)
  • RodneyKnight
    1 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2013 3:16 PM

Hello everyone, Iam new here and was just looking for friends to add, maybe find a country club to join. Always looking for advice to be a better golfer. Just mail me if you like, thank you all!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2013 6:15 PM

welcome aboard!

-wgticon

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2013 6:27 PM

Frustrations abound, but the rewards though few and far between make the journey worthwhile.. ;-))

Hit well...

Andy

• DRogers5864
    368 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2013 7:01 PM

Add me and we'll play... give what little help I can!

• AlexBorgesjr
    1,305 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2013 9:50 AM

How to build a successful Country Club

Start small 15 to 50 players, remember your looking for quality not quantity

Set rules but be flexible. Once you have your 15 members, and have them on your friends list, make sure you send them emails. Of what you’re trying to do. Have a country club home where. It’s friendly but where everyone is expected to play in a certain amount of games, we have a major once a week, it last seven days, and it’s free. Here comes the hard part, have 3 or 5 tourneys going on all the time, invite members to create tourneys, after a 10 day period , send a thank you note to all non active players and release them, this a country club, not a Spa/resort, something you post on your profile to show you belong to a country club, then make a move once you have the hang of it, and go straight to 50 players, same process, wait 10 days and re release all non active players , you will actually build a core membership of players that like full leader boards and competition . Always stay in contact with players on the team. We have been around about 6 months. We just released 10 players, between them they had 6 games played in less than 20 days, and the other 40 averaged 13 games a piece. Or 520 country club events entered, do players get offended, not the ones who like to play. We have never cut 1 player who plays in our weekly Major every week or a member who plays 8 different events a month. Some players starting out don’t want to shoot 55, and have a legend shoot a 28, understandable. make sure you have a tour pro and down game available for lower tiered players. Some can compete ,others haven’t the clubs yet to compete,

Skype if you can, our club is call THE AMERICAN GOLF ACADEMY AND SKYPE CLUB. This lets players know the have an option to audio with team mates in alternate games or when both are playing club tourneys and cant see each other,but want to know what’s going on, sometimes we play other country clubs, and we have players listening in on our country clubs skype , just to see if the Club is fairing alright.. Important to have legends or masters willing to play with new pros, they can shave 5 points off there average after what they can learn from a veteran player,  like learning short game, or reading wind.  You might say that’s a lot of work, its work if you don’t love to play WGT, but if it’s your hobby. Well who wants to have a hobby of running an unsuccessful country club? Well good luck, And if you’re thinking of starting  club don’t just dip your toe in the water , Dive in, all so have a board of members so when you cant run things , they will fill in for your country club, we have 5. Did it happen over night no. will it happen, of course you’re not looking for 1000 golfers, you’re looking for 50. or 250 if you have the time and energy. Once again good luck. 

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2013 8:05 AM

....euhm....I believe the OP was looking for (friends and possibly) a CC, not for the best way to run one.

btw....Hi

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2013 11:57 AM

Welcome to WGT dot com

• AlexBorgesjr
    1,305 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 11:35 PM

HELLO EVERYONE , REALLY COULDNT FIND A PLACE FOR A NEW POST, IM TRYING TO TRY SOMTHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT , WERE 2 OR MORE CLUBS COULD COMPETE, ALL THEY WOULD HAVE TO DO IS DECIDE ON THE SAME COURSE, AND EXACT CONDITIONS , THEN DECIDE COULD BE 5 ,8,OR 10, THE TOP SCORING PLAYERS IN THIS NUMBERS, IF 3 TEAMS PLAYED AND YOU EVERYONE , IF YOUNGDECIDED 8 WOULD BE YOUR CUT LINE , THEN YOU ADD THE SCORES FROM EACH TEAM FROM THOSE 8 BEST PLAYERS IN THAT EVENT,THE TEAMS WITH THE LOWEST SCORES OF COURSE AND WE COULD HANG TROPHIES ON THERE PROFILE PAGE. WOULD LIKE TO GET THIS STARTED ALL READY. ... AND JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IT WILL EVOLVE AS TIME GOES BY RESPOND AS SOON AS YOU CAN WOULD LOVE TO GET STARTED .... ALEXBORGES `ANY IDEAS GIVE ME A RING 813778-8084..... OR SEND ME AN EMAILM ME.     AND ITS VERY NICE TO MEET

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 9:50 AM

AlexBorgesjr:
    HELLO EVERYONE , REALLY COULDNT FIND A PLACE FOR A NEW POST

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 12:59 PM

AlexBorgesjr:

Have you ever heard of those wonderful things knows as paragraphs?  Seriously, I doubt anyone ever reads right through a massive block of unbroken text.

Even less one written all in capitals, smaller though it may be.

RSS