Forums

Help › Forums

scores in the 50's - part 2

Thu, Aug 22 2013 7:50 AM (24 replies)
  • davidmichael56
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 3:19 PM

Well, enough of you have written that "well, this isn't real golf" and "golfers" that have a bad hole and quit and keep shooting at the same hole 1000 times are likely to eagle it eventually, is a bit disconcerting. Yes, I know it is a game for gawd sake but perhaps a game of a sport should at least mimick somewhat the real thing. What if you played a football game and the score was 108 to 86? is that real? Is that fun? Baseball: 29 to 27. Really?  A 51 in a golf "game" is the same as a 108 point football game. Not much fun when you score a "realistic" 6-7 under par and lose by 15 strokes. BS. Sorry, it should be closer to the "real thing." I'm done...

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 4:08 PM

Perhaps we cross posted, please read my comments to your original post. I do not know how these scores are achieved, nor do I care to. What I do know is every time someone gets on here and says "Scores are too low to be realistic" WGT cranks up the difficulty and the "average" player suffers. Pretty soon they'll end up with a game that only "enhanced" players will be able to play, and the rest of us will leave.

Doc :(

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 4:32 PM

David, you'll have a much better experience if you simply avoid WGT tournaments. Like yourself, I come to this game with the attitude of a golfer and not a gamer. I consider finishing every round started as a badge of honor in and of itself but that is not what you are going to find in almost ANY computer game.

By sticking to a circle of friends and getting into a country club that stresses finishing rounds and respect for golf over the gamers' approach you'll suffer a lot less aggravation. Those WGT tournaments won't even be in your circle of awareness. Instead you can be playing single play tourneys and such in your country club with more realistic scores.

In a way it's like shopping in a big department store. No need to be concerned with every department in the store. Just shop the areas you like and try to ignore the others.

I understand your frustration but bear in mind something else. WGT doesn't care. They are a very uncaring company with a very poor track record when it comes to communication and customer service. We can complain all we want; there will almost never be a response from a WGT staffer. They tend to go for the low hanging fruit that doesn't require much effort.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 4:45 PM

Then you got the flip side of the coin, un-even-lies. I never seen such an unrealistic thing in my life. I have no clue how hard to hit an approach shot with that crap. I realize wgt are trying to make the game more realistic, but that's rediculous. I don't think I had 1 approach shot & found the goldy-locks zone. Hit a gawd da,m 9 iron the 135 and it goes 115 @ 0 elevation. fun fun fun

Anyhow, wgt isn't so 'unrealistic' for you now that you know what you will  have to shoot in these tourneys. Anymore, if I enter and don't birdie or eagle every hole, I dont' expect to come close to winning.

BUT I KNEW THAT 2 YEARS AGO WHEN I JOINED JUST LIKE YOU KNEW THAT 2 YRS ago when you joined. (sorry, the caps locked on me)

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 4:46 PM

this isnt a portrayal of real golf - how many people can shoot 20 rounds of golf in one day lol

its just a game where ppl can shoot really low scores cos they can play the same courses over and over again - in real life we get to play the same course maybe once or twice a week. plus more things can stuff up in the swing irl as opposed to the limited mechanics here.

have fun with ur friends and laugh at the improbable shots that come :)

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 4:50 PM

+1 to all replys to this post ....... absolutely spot on folks.

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 6:27 PM

davidmichael56:

Not much fun when you score a "realistic" 6-7 under par and lose by 15 strokes. BS. Sorry, it should be closer to the "real thing." I'm done...

If the game were so difficult that the best players would shoot 6-7 under, what do you think you'd shoot?

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 6:58 PM

bhoese:

davidmichael56:

Not much fun when you score a "realistic" 6-7 under par and lose by 15 strokes. BS. Sorry, it should be closer to the "real thing." I'm done...

If the game were so difficult that the best players would shoot 6-7 under, what do you think you'd shoot?

This......well played, bhoese.  My guess is 15 shots worse....his words.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:13 PM

davidmichael56:
    A 51 in a golf "game" is the same as a 108 point football game. Not much fun when you score a "realistic" 6-7 under par and lose by 15 strokes. BS. Sorry, it should be closer to the "real thing." I'm done...

Well how about this...

Those who can post a 51...let's have WGT make it so they post a 71...

With me?

That means your 61 will now be an 81....would ya feel better?...or still need a hug?

• DynamiteTommy
    172 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:27 PM

nothing wrong with an average player shooting par, rather than a 62. I'm trying to think of ways to revamp the game but it's very tough. some humans are like robots.  tough to handicap a robot as this game is as realistic as it gets. Maybe moving legends and tour legends back farther on the tees. no reason they should be hitting from the longest distances and still shooting 52's. They could be moved back farther and we can adjust the tiers some how later

RSS