Forums

Help › Forums

scores in the 50's - part 2

Thu, Aug 22 2013 7:50 AM (24 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:38 PM

Wontonamo:

this isnt a portrayal of real golf - how many people can shoot 20 rounds of golf in one day lol

its just a game where ppl can shoot really low scores cos they can play the same courses over and over again - in real life we get to play the same course maybe once or twice a week. plus more things can stuff up in the swing irl as opposed to the limited mechanics here.

have fun with ur friends and laugh at the improbable shots that come :)

Funny I haven't read the forums for weeks, same old complaints lol. I agree with Wontonamo, the key difference is the swing mechanics is very basic and cannot replicate the hundreds of aspects that make up a real swing.

So without redesigning the entire swing WGT are then limited to "manipulation" which in turn creates dozens of hate threads lol. The horse bolted a long time ago as did "aids" both legit (such as slow meter balls) to other methods (I wont even mention these lol).

But I wouldn't have minded shooting a 51, but that sort of score is out of my league. For me it does not matter what score you card provided you enjoy the game and can look at yourself in the mirror at the end of the day without guilt.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:59 PM

alanti:
    Funny I haven't read the forums for weeks

Dayuuungies!

I had been banging my head against the was for a few days, trying to remember (mild concussion didn't help...for real...not the proverbial wall) who was the "other "A" was...lol...

Welcome back bro, your insight is always useful and helpful:)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 8:11 PM

+1 for Srellim's entry.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 10:05 PM

DynamiteTommy:

nothing wrong with an average player shooting par, rather than a 62. I'm trying to think of ways to revamp the game but it's very tough. some humans are like robots.  tough to handicap a robot as this game is as realistic as it gets. Maybe moving legends and tour legends back farther on the tees. no reason they should be hitting from the longest distances and still shooting 52's. They could be moved back farther and we can adjust the tiers some how later

Wouldn't people just close their accounts and come back as newbies? 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 10:14 PM

My thought on this (although I don't really care, I have a poker virtual bankroll of over 11 million and my bank won't take it for collateral on anything)  I can see someone shooting a 54, I've shot a few rounds in the high 50's that should've been better but I messed up short putts...and I suck!

HOWEVER I have shot many rounds that were going great and ended up mediocre because a putt w/ no movement moved or a putt didn't go the distance it should have according to the math and experience, a meter jump, meter freezes, wind not affecting the ball as it should...there are dozens of threads on here everyday about these mysterious shots that happen to everyone, well, everyone except the people who consistently shoot 50-53....I know I know, "they are just that good", wellll, I'm a good driver but I can't do sh!t about somebody else running a red light and hitting me! Sorry, I'm just not buying it!! lol

Anyone who cheats to win "VIRTUAL" money really needs to re-evaluate their life...or perhaps "get a job" maybe...

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 10:18 PM

fatdan:
    Anyone who cheats to win "VIRTUAL" money really needs to re-evaluate their life.

Didn't quote the last part, but well said Dan...hey

Can we be friends and I call ya Chubby Dude? :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 10:20 PM

courteneyfish:
    Wouldn't people just close their accounts

Cmon C...let the fellaw have his fun...lol!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 10:43 PM

Can we be friends and I call ya Chubby Dude?

Sure, we can be friends, but aaaaa, I'm afraid my grand daughter wouldn't approve the name change lol

When she was 4 and my belly was starting to keep pace with her growth, she said, "gr'pa, you used to be strong but now ur getting fat", unfortunately I replied, "yeah, thats me, "fatdan"...some time later she introduced to her friends with, "that's my g'pa, fatdan"...and then I needed a username and it was easy to spell lol...

• DynamiteTommy
    172 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 10:47 PM

Stop assuming, you have no idea what you're speaking of. and think of a fix for that. which is what I suggested. by way of tiers. If you want me to be a level 70 legend, no thanks. can't even match the clubs yet. If you want to get a brain one day, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

• DynamiteTommy
    172 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 10:51 PM

stop trying to say things which are 100% false. figure it out, stop messing with people. fyi

RSS