Help › Forums

Shame

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:42 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Straymole
    4 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 5:54 PM

Here is something for all to think about.. I was cruising utube and found this

It is a cheat program made special for WGT, cost $4.95.  So for those of you who say cheating is not happening you stand corrected!  My guess is the one’s making this statement are using this type software.  Now if WGT is against this practice then why can’t they fix it I ask?  Maybe there is a kick back involved?  I am not happy with this find!!!  So I am going to stir up a hornets’ nest. I have paid money into this system to get better but for what good?  Fact, you cannot  time the stroke perfect every time with hand eye coordination!  Fact, A program can!!!  This is cheating!!! 

Now, if WGT is doing something about this problem I am sorry for posting this.  But my question would be, how can we trust that people are not using this type system when we are playing for prizes???  Again this is a big problem!

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 1:39 PM

This has to be taken care of.  Many of us have put money and lots of time and effort to try and be good at this the fair way.

Cheers

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 1:44 PM

I have always felt that there were Cheaters here using macros or programs like this to score the way they do !

Thanks for posting !!!!

hopefully something other than alot of rhetoric will be done !

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 1:51 PM

For everyone who thinks the best on this site cheat you need to go read the thread titled: Theory of the DING.  The best WGT golfers only hit the ding about 60- 80% of the time.  You don't need to hit the ding every time to play exceedingly well.

Also, bear in mind that anyone caught cheating with a device such as this will have their account terminated.  Now, if the Avatar Lees and Bollux in Bruges (two of the best) cheated do you think they could stand up under WGT scrutiny and continue to play???

Folks, it's like real golf, you gotta put in the time and you gotta take notes and you gotta practice.

• jules35
    106 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 2:53 PM

How true your comments are there is a lot of variations in clubs and distances yes there are wind various outside parameters yet this game is totally non consistent in its distance and width variations a percentage variation fluctuations, all is variable within shot mode this game is not an exact science yet compelling. I have am some disappointed. i have spent  $150 for nothing on this game play as i think it is so unplayable especially when you play other players disconnection is part of the game so POOR  for a game. Can i say play shot online far better game play, no disconnections or need to pay to be a better player. I will play this game until I am sick which will not be long .I have been playing shot on line for 5 years ??????? Take a look guys much better game

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 3:40 PM

yeap, that is a very old one.

• torch2k
    18 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 4:28 PM

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be sufficient to simply track a player's ding percentage?

As DMM points out with  reference to that other thread, even top players don't ding it every time; I'm pretty sure I'm not dopey, and I don't hit it all the time; and, in fact, I'm having some success using pre- and post- dings in my shots.  I expect others make use of intentional 'pushes' and 'pulls' also. (??)

I'm pretty certain the software 'knows' whether each hit is perfectly timed or not.  Why not some facility to track them?  And after, say, 100 dings in a row, the client tells the server, "Hey, you're not gonna BELIEVE this guy!!"

Or am I all wet?

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 6:05 PM

sry      not trying to  hijack this thread,   but how the heck did you spend  150$ since march? and you dont even have all master clubs.  I have a near full set of master clubs and have been here over a year and I bet I have not spent 100$  ok  maybe  110$    but  I have over ten times the amount of ranked rounds you have to boot.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 6:29 PM

Straymole:
    I am not happy with this find!!! 

Mole, I believe everyone would agree that these cheat devices put a huge stain on the game. I assure you, WGT is doing everything they can to combat this, however,WGT is unable to let the community in on how their combating cheating devices as to not tip-off the cheaters. There are ways to suspect cheating is going on, and we as members should do our part to turn these cheaters in to WGT.

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 6:32 PM

My thoughts...no human hand-eye coordination can average below 60 in this game without a little helper tool. If there were no bugs, the meter was consistent, the winds worked 100% of the time, a 60 average would be reachable. Currently, it is not.

Then again, most masters with averages around 57 only post 1 game per month. They typically quit if they don't birdie the first 4 holes. In that case, yes, it's easy to hold a 57 average when you play 50 games and post 1.

Bottom line is this...if a "computer" game is inconsistent, no human can compensate for the inconsistency. This isn't real golf. It's computer golf with bugs. If the computer isn't consistent, you surely can't be either. 

Edit: I realize this may offend players with averages below 60. My response to you isn't an apology but more a request...stop cheating and post all of your games.

My 2 cents,

TMPC

• PAGES
RSS