Forums

Help › Forums

New here :)

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 25 2010 1:58 PM (8 replies)
  • BrendaAZ
    2 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 4:20 PM
    My name is brenda and I am from Phoenix, AZ. I have been practicing for a week now and really like the site! I played my first opponent today but she quit after the first hole, hey, it's all good I parred it and she was one over :)
  • nicci09
    1 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 10:59 AM
    hey im nicola from england, idn how to navigate through this site, how to turn ur golfer when playing and how to navigate off just playing on courses that you have to get the ball nearest to the hole. Any suggestions?
  • Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 2:51 PM

Hey guys, welcome aboard!

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 3:30 PM

I'm Ryan from England, Been a member here for just over a month now and I love it, so much fun and about as frustrating as playing golf for real.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 4:28 PM

Hi nicola, welcome to the game.

When you click Play Now you go to a window with a lot of choices. Way down in the left hand corner you will see Explore Courses. Click that and you will see all of the courses available for play. Only 4 of them are for regular stroke or match play-Bethpage (everybody calls it BPB), Kiawah, St Andrews and Oakmont. If you click any of those you will see the choices you have to play there. The rest is pretty simple.

As for "turning" your golfer I suspect you mean how to aim.There are in-game lesson you can take that will show you how to do everything. After that you can go over there------> under FAQs and read about good stuff like Putting Tip and Chip and Pitch Tips.

To get to the lessons in the game look under Menu. GL and I hope this gets you going.  :-)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 4:57 PM

Brenda and nicola, welcome to the game.

Enjoy your stay.

When you're ready to populate your friends list (playing with friends who rarely quit) please visit the Ladders site.

Lots of helpful people there.. and friendly competition, too.  Who knows you might make some friends along the way.

Peace.

• shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 11:40 AM

I'll vouch for the ladders, since I often play there.

• BrendaAZ
    2 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 1:58 PM
    Thanks for the good info and the warm welcome! I really like this site and the game does have alot of similarities with real golf, can be very frustrating esp missing 4 ft putts!
  • saladx
    39 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 3:57 PM

welcome girleeezzz ! 

RSS