Forums

Help › Forums

The new RG list

Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:40 AM (152 replies)
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 10:44 AM

Every 9 holer is 100cr. Every 18 holer is 200cr with the exception of Kiawah full18 at 300cr. No imagination AGAIN!!! Who does the list every month? Cos whoever does needs stuffing with the rough end of a pineapple.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 10:54 AM

Can't say I disagree D. My only problem is living in Costa Rica I eat a lot of pineapples and they are REALLY good here, but now I am going to have a hard time enjoying a pineapple anymore with that visual

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 11:43 AM

Yup.. looks like not as many 9 hole ready gos. We have two Olympic 18 holes??

That list looks like did the same thing they did on last update.

Hurry........ throw it out there. I play mostly 9 hole ready gos, is nice for ball cost. Be nice to have a few 200 credit 9 holes.

Looks like i won't be playing as many this go round. Be waiting for next try.......lol.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 12:54 PM

DAZZA501:

Every 9 holer is 100cr. Every 18 holer is 200cr with the exception of Kiawah full18 at 300cr. No imagination AGAIN!!! Who does the list every month? Cos whoever does needs stuffing with the rough end of a pineapple.

gimme some ideas and i'll swing the wand and see what I can make happen :)

-wgticon

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 1:52 PM

WGTicon:

-wgticon

200,300 & 500cr 9 holers. We ask for them all the time. Then we get a few. Then when the new list arrives they are gone again. Just want them to be a regular thing please Icon.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 2:13 PM

How about 1 or 2 Uneven Lie 9 hole Rg's at 50 - 100 credits also. Quite a while ago there was a 50cr UEL RG at Oakmont that turned around rather quickly.

• burchell123
    362 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 2:47 PM

The 1000 in cong took about 3 days to fill each time,and the andy b9 500 in was more or less filled daily,don't see this a long to fill,the tier based ones can take a while.bethpage 1000 in tourlegend died,but wgt should know easy course takes ages.don't understand how the 2 open tier high stakes did so well and are cut again with the new ones,kia 18 300 the highest,tons of boring 100 in 9 hole again.Just incase anyone got confused last month when i posted to say get back the high stakes rg's,we didn't mean as a one off (facepalm)WGT

ROCKY

Posted in 2k rg thread
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 2:53 PM

ColumbusStorm:
    How about 1 or 2 Uneven Lie 9 hole Rg's at 50 - 100 credits also. Quite a while ago there was a 50cr UEL RG at Oakmont that turned around rather quickly.

+1 on that!

WGTicon:

-wgticon

So glad you're asking, Icon! Thank you.

Here are some suggestions for Uneven Lies ReadyGo's. They've been absent for quite some months, so please know there's a contingent of players who've been waiting patiently.

With Unevens, why not an ongoing range of 4 types such as:

The Old Man Par challenge :: 50 cr :: 9 holes at Olympic, Oakmont, or RSG (among the toughest of courses for unevens)

The Newbie challenge :: 100 cr :: for those keen to try uneven lies but wanting to do it on a course they know well (so how about making those as 18 holers on what seem to be the most popular 2 courses: St Andrews & Kiawah) [for instance, the St A's version filled quickly enough at 100 cr back in the early summer)

The Test Your Mettle challenge :: 200 cr :: full 18 at one of the tougher courses, Olympic, Royal St. George's, Oakmont, or Best of Hardest for example, or even the more technical challenge of Congressional.

A Higher-Stakes Cognoscenti challenge :: 300-500 cr :: for the real addicts: a full 18 on one of Merion, Cabo, Whistler, for instance, or Olympic or Oakmont if they're not in play in one of the other iterations.

And, I'd further strongly recommend that at least two of these, preferably three, be tier-specific, leaving just one as all levels. The rationale being that you're more likely to encourage people to risk a stake on unevens if they're not also competing with the TLs.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Not trying to be overly prescriptive, just trying to spark some ideas...
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 3:05 PM

Agree about the Uneven lie 1's too. 500cr full 18 at Cabo would go down well i think.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 3:23 PM

Not too many U/Lie comps though.

RSS