Forums

Help › Forums

Virtual U.S. Open Qualifiers, New Tiers, New Clubs, and More

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 16 2009 11:49 AM (137 replies)
  • ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 11:19 AM

Is it unfair? Do you even know what unfair means? I didnt know that WGT was forcing you to play a longer course than the rest of us. That really sucks for you.

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 11:31 AM

(begin sarcasim)sweet, i made pro tier. now i can hit 212 with my 1w with 16mph tail wind off the tees........SWEET!!(end sarcasim) Fun playing BPB, first time i have ever had to think in a golf video game. altho i do think club distances are just a tad off. btw am i only to improve my play/distance by buying clubs? not by learning to play better or practice? cuz i could play BPB 1000 times and i will never make the fairway on a few holes even tho in RL i would probally get better.

• FreddyFox
    60 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 11:33 AM

The fairways you all are referring to (5 & 10 I presume) are all holes that, even if you were to hit the fairway, you'd still have to layup and try to get up & down to save par (the hole is that long). So reaching the fairway would only improve the lie. Though it would help, I think the idea here is to toughen the scores to make the results more US Open-like. Remember, Even par at an Open is supposed to be a great score, not the average.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 11:36 AM

Hi everyone, we are working on a solution to give higher tiers the ability to hit farther.

• RSoldin
    13 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 11:54 AM

Wow, have we all gone ballistic? Add new things to a great site and you get a ton of .....

I have to say, I enjoyed the new Black course. I shoot 8 over on my first round and decided to buy the R9 driver. I added 10 yard to my drive, but still have problems reaching some fairways and a par 3 or 2.

I have played a bunch of electronic gold Sims and managed one for a while. This is the only one I have seen that doesn't advance your abilities for your skill. I see that WGTalex just mentioned they are working on a process that will help with the skill level distance so I hope that once that is set we can start hitting like we do in real golf. I have to say that a 240 drive is close to what I was averaging when I started playing real golf, many moons ago. But, it wasn't long after that, that I was at the 280-290 distance.

I look forward to seeing what WGT comes up with as I enjoy WGT and want to keep enjoying it.

One more thing can someone point me to a chart that shows the tier break down. From what I see on the site the tier need to be adjusted better suit the players abilities. I was at mid 60s and went in to the Masters. No, I am not complaining, but I think that is a bit higher that expected by a virtual golfer.

Tibbits, I have to ask, how much golf do you play on WGT? I played about 10 rounds a day for a week and got to a 64 average. Dropping about 10 strokes. I can't imagine shooting sub-60 here, but who knows my day may come, if I get the time.

• cate55
    487 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 12:18 PM

I agree ...hit a perfect drive and you still can't hit a fairway !!!

We are hitting yardages that our clubs can't reach .... were is the skill in that ???

Please don't say,  boo hoo, it's the same for all.

I know it's the same for everyone, but the question is ....how many of you are enjoying the game ?

You can't create any shots in this game.

Yoy hit a wedge with backspin .......... were is the backspin ????

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 12:24 PM

if a ball lands higher than you hti it from, its gonna have more heat. So if you put backspin on a ball that is landing 25 feet above you, it doesnt matter, it has too much heat to stop

• mhansen2
    24 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 12:35 PM

i agree...its a beautiful course, but plays very unrealistic.  the drivers need more yardage at the very least

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 12:39 PM

thats not the course. The course does play realistic. If the clubs arent long enough, thats a game issue. They never were longer on the other course, and no one got mad about it. Bethpage from the back tees is really this hard and really this long and alot of guys really wouldnt be able to reach fairways from the tees they play the open on. AND THIS IS A VIRTUAL OPEN.

Go play multiplayer and you get easier tees.

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 1:01 PM

dont get me wrong i think playing BPB on the hard tees is very fun, that is to say it is very rewarding when i hit a great shot to svae par or by the grace of the golf gads get a birdie. i just think a bit more realistic distance on the clubs would be a bit more well, realistic ;-).

RSS