Help › Forums

Hi... a few ?s

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 25 2013 9:09 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tjigger
    11 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2013 10:42 AM

I've been signed up for a while but just started playing more often.

i watched a bunch of videos and didnt get my free credits, but reading other posts i see it's "normal"

i'm lvl 49 and think i need to upgrade my wedges, should i get some now or wait to lvl up more?

also what ball is a good one for my lvl?   I bought some of the 225 credit Srixon vapor balls L23+ and they were a big improvement.   The Nike and Callaway balls for my lvl are 350-450cr are they that much better?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2013 10:57 AM

tjigger:
    i'm lvl 49 and think i need to upgrade my wedges, should i get some now or wait to lvl up more?

I'd go for the max wedges available to you, keep your meters the same speed, roughly.

You dont really need expensive balls , you've got slow clubs with good spin already.

The lvl 33 cally's at 250 creds are great though.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2013 10:59 AM

You'll need 3 new wedges when you reach the Master tier. As for the balls the Srixons should be fine or even the SD balls. Most videos pay out so don't get disillusioned.

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2013 11:28 AM

You'll find most on this site carry 3 wedges in their bag, to do that you need to dump your hybrid. Wedges don't, IMO  need to be pricey so the choice is yours. One of the best on this game still uses a $2.00 wedge.

• tjigger
    11 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2013 11:59 AM

courteneyfish:

Most videos pay out so don't get disillusioned.

i got credit for some then when i signed back on they were gone. it was only about 35cr so im not to worryed over it. just going to have to go into my $ for new real clubs..

• tjigger
    11 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2013 12:06 PM

what stats are more important in the wedges.

i guess spin should be first but should you have 3/5 spin or 5/5 spin?

but more forgiveness or precision?

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2013 12:13 PM

tjigger:

what stats are more important in the wedges.

i guess spin should be first but should you have 3/5 spin or 5/5 spin?

but more forgiveness or precision?

Spin is nice but you don't really need 5/5 very often. 

Precision beats forgiveness but only if you hit or get close to the ding often.  I assume you're looking at Cleveland and TM ATV wedges?  They're both great, I had the Clevelands but went for the ATVs when they came out and love them.  It's all a matter of taste though.

Just one other thing, don't throw credits away with vapor balls.  They do absolutely nothing better than the normal ones and you get a trail on all replays anyway.

• tjigger
    11 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2013 2:08 PM

thanks all,

im going to get them whenever i get some more credits

• bkearnes
    788 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2013 7:22 AM

I don't know Terry....you recommended the Cleveland wedge's to me a while back and they are the best.   Srixon balls are a good ball, i'd stay with them.

• ycfc1992
    1,143 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2013 12:35 PM

My advice dont waste money on the balls, you can reach legend on the 64 credit wgt balls.. save your credits for the clubs

cheers ycfc

• PAGES
RSS