Forums

Help › Forums

Kiawah 18 open week 36 - championsip tees

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 20 2010 4:06 PM (7 replies)
  • Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 8:27 AM

This is great WGT, gotta love playing that course from the back! Thanks for the great work you're doing :)  Though there's something i want to ask:

Why is #18 shorter than before? Lol, that was weird...

Thanks again guys!

Angel

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 9:08 AM

Wow. Never played Kiawah off the tournament tees before, what a difference to the course, particularly with the high winds. I really enjoyed the challenge of the course and will be interested to see what kind of a score wins it this week. 

ps Having to play a 3 wood into a 20mph head/cross wind on 17 scared the crap out of me, lol....

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 10:22 AM

As someone who gets to play here fairly often in real golf, it is nice to see the WGT put this course back to where it's teeth shows.  The Ocean Course generally plays with a wind off the ocean, making most of your shots with a crosswind.  The tees can be stretched really long and the greens (in the spring and fall) can run about as quickly as anywhere.

Hope that this stays up for us to play for a while.  I would love to see another set of pin placements there as well.  My tee shot on 17 was similar, a 3 week with 20mph from right to left.  Also the tee shot on #13 is a little more difficult.  In real golf I draw the ball and many places on that course aren't draw friendly   lol

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 1:00 PM

Ha played the first 4 holes -4, realized I was on the champ tees on #5 and finished -3. hahaha guess this game really is all about the mind just like real golf. I wonder what I'ld have shot if I wouldn't have notice the black tee markers.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 6:59 PM

Love it, absolutely love it! Oblivious me, I just had the vague feeling that "something's  different here" the first few holes. Glad I had the i15 irons for the par 3s. The extra distance really changes your strategy off the tee on quite a few holes.

Thanks WGT, great work!

• hesomist
    62 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 9:08 AM

Nice curve ball, WGT.  Noticed the new distance on the 2nd tee and knew it would be a fun and challenging round.  Had some favorable winds and ended up with a 64.  Again, great job, and agree that some new hole locations would make it even better.

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 2:15 PM
    It appears some of the distances are a little off. #18 I noticed shows now as about 435 from the back. I hit a drive 290 and had 205 to the hole, I think the angle on the legend tees makes it play a lot longer than shown.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 4:06 PM

What tiers can play this tournament-just Legends? What does "Open" mean in this instance?

RSS