Forums

Help › Forums

Days Played

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 23 2013 12:01 AM (22 replies)
  • juggss6
    121 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2013 7:31 PM

I didn't miss a day, yet it reset. I looked at my score history and it shows 12/9 for the round that I just finished.

12.09.13 December Kiawah Sweeps 
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2013 9:16 PM

Look at the NEXT DAY IN: XXH XXM on the game client page. Do the math to see when your next day starts. Remember that time, it is when your clock resets. If you have a green check mark you've already played for that day. You will need to play if the red exclamation mark is there before you reset time.

**edit** Your history shows no game recorded for 12.08.13

BlimpAd.swf

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2013 12:06 AM

In addition:

Mind the time zones, confusing quite a few players:

WGT's general clock is PT (PDT), UTC -8 (e.g. in the forum),
    Continuous days played (CDP) is UTC = GMT.

Due to this difference it's best IMHO to have a fixed time every day to play a round or a single hole for the CDP bonus.

As a side note, keep in mind that a possible glitch in the timing of the game record has been discovered lately: They seemingly were (are?) recorded differently than PT.

• borntobesting
    9,684 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2013 5:28 AM

It looks like right now you are only playing 1 round a day to keep your CDP going. If you do that you need to watch the timer on the gameclient very closely. You may well have started that round on  12 08 but didn't finish it until the timer reset. Remember just starting a round before the timers goes to 0 won't get you your CDP bonus. You must start and finish it before the timer resets.

• juggss6
    121 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2013 9:29 PM

Appreciate the attempts to help but I understand how it works, I had gotten up to 127 days played and then missed a night. Took a few nights off because I was pissed.

I play every night when I get home from work. I know that the local time WGT resets the day is 6pm, my time.

I played this round at around 7:30 my time on 12/8. Started and then finished about 10 minutes later so it's not an issue about starting before the day and finishing after. IMMEDIATELY it re started my day count and showed 12/9 on the round, in my history. The round date has always been accurate up til this one.

Oh well, I know WGT won't do anything about it, as I'm sure they could give a rats ass. Must be the glitch alosso is referring to. Well, add another bug log entry for this glitch... I'll just wait another few days to build to 880 again.

They changed something between 12/7 and 12/8. Now the round I just finished on 12/9 says I played it on 12/10. The dates have always matched til now.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2013 10:45 PM

I was concentrating on your loss of the CDP, didn't realize your proof of the glitch, showing 12/9 on 12/8.

Which time zone are you in? CST?

Assuming that you finished just before 5 pm PT would push the error to 7 hours at least. Alas, to lose the CDP at 2 am GMT would mean an offset of 22 hours - unbelievable.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2013 11:06 PM

*sad grin*

Just lost mine after playing a game "tomorrow", showing 12/10 (8:05 am CET (UTC +1) 12/10)

• juggss6
    121 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2013 3:48 PM

Yes, Central time. Sorry to hear about yours, how many days were you up to?

I just finished a round 5 minutes before the next day reset. Going to play one just after to see what happens.

• juggss6
    121 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2013 4:25 PM

To RECAP tonight. It's 12/10. The "WGT Day" resets at 6pm Central time.

At 11 minutes before the WGT day is to reset, I start a round of CTTH on Merion. You see my system clock at 5:49.

At 5 minutes before the WGT day is to reset, I post the round, it's dated in my history as I played it on 12/10. The correct date, at 5:55.

I start another CTTH round 5 minutes AFTER the WGT day has started, on Olympic. 6:05.

And finish 11 minutes after the WGT day has started, 6:11. It's dated 12/11 in my round history. IT'S STILL 12/10! That's a 23:49 difference alosso.

WGT, I've posted enough proof. Whatever you did on the night of the 7th of December, you screwed something up. I'm surprised there aren't more complaining about their consecutive days played being lost. Maybe there are and I just don't care to look... Either way, I always play the evening AFTER the day resets, like tonight. It has ALWAYS date stamped that round TODAY.

• juggss6
    121 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2013 4:30 PM

I guess you'll have to right click and open image in a new tab in order to see my PC's time and date on each screenshot. Seems WGT can't even code their forums properly to expand to higher resolutions.

RSS