Help › Forums

Just made Master

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:44 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • B1ackadder
    104 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:33 AM

And was wondering... If I now have some really crap rounds do I stay at Master or go back to Pro? Or is it just my average that will now change?

Cheers

Blackadder

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:37 AM

Once a master always a master, unless your progress to tour master, then legend!

Cheers

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:01 AM

B1ackadder:

And was wondering... If I now have some really crap rounds do I stay at Master or go back to Pro? Or is it just my average that will now change?

Cheers

Blackadder

Adder, I  was just  bumped up to Master as well. And like you, I'm  also a bit anxious about it. Ain't played no rounds yet. Truth be told, I was sorta dreading the promotion. Quite happy at Pro, I was. Oh, of course, I'll adjust but, you know.... undiscovered country and all that. Best of luck. By the by, how is Baldrick doing?

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:23 AM
    AG Don't be in a hurry. I made tour pro with a 70 average, and ten seconds later was rewarded with master. I played BPB today at a wonderful 81. Instead of four holes I can't reach in regulation, I now hace eight, and I am competing with tour masters and legends with 52/53 averages. I also know other pro's with 74/75 averages that were pushed to master, while several with 68/69 averages were only moved to tour pro. I guess we will all have to pony up for new equipment, if someone can figure out how to unlock the stuff.
  • CaptainShank
    26 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:33 AM

Tougher to find a game now in challenge, and the greens will be infinately tougher for you guys.  Averages will rise about 5 strokes for nearly EVERONE in the game who is not an elite level player.

• Evo5754
    31 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:57 AM

congratz on making master hope you keep fighting the fight 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:14 AM

Congrats.

You folks who got bumped up to Master overnight kinda got the short end of the shaft. There was a sale on Master equipment until yesterday but you couldn't buy it, and now you have to wait to get level points.

But be of good cheer. Plenty of folks play well at Master level with the Pro clubs. They don't want to give up on the gentle swing meter (of the Raptures in particular). The drawback is that you won't have a shot at GIR on the longest par 4s, and your approach shots won't stop quite where you want them to.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:16 AM

By the looks of it average has little to do with tier levels. The best I can come up with is the number of ranked rounds weighs heavily. There is a new Legend player with an average of 70+ but over 1800 ranked rounds. 

• vvvvRaTdOgvvvv
    10 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:17 AM

darn new tee positions

dang very fast greens

argh, promotions...the grass isn't always greener !!

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:28 AM

zagraniczniak:

Congrats.

You folks who got bumped up to Master overnight kinda got the short end of the shaft. There was a sale on Master equipment until yesterday but you couldn't buy it, and now you have to wait to get level points.

That's me, I have stacks of credits and nothing to spend it on.

• PAGES
RSS