Help › Forums

Just made Master

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:44 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 12:03 PM

When we were pro we couldn't buy master equipment. WGT bumped some of us up to master level and locked us out of being able to buy a driver that will reach all of the fairways from the tees they are forcing us to play from. I can deal with tougher greens and courses since we had the opportunity to buy putters and irons that work at tougher levels. Forcing  people to play without the opportunity to hit a fairway is ridiculous. They need to open up one of those 270 yard drivers to people who don't have one through no fault of their own.

WGT can easily identify who we are. They should offer us a one-time opportunity to upgrade our drivers.

• owright3
    26 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 12:20 PM

I agree with srellim234 completely!  I came home so proud of myself for finally becoming a Master. Then I thought to myself, "they just want me to spend more money buying clubs I haven't been able to buy!" I have over 2,000 credits, so I thought, "I don't care HOW I got there, I am going to get those clubs (the driver especially) I have eyed since day one. (I've been online at this site for well over a year. SURPRISE! You're a Master in name only......you can't buy even the clubs you ALREADY BOUGHT. What desk jockey thought up this plan? I can only speak for myself- I am embarassed, and won't spend another nickel on this site until they treat a Master like a Master. OH yea- I didn't qualify for Master, either. Suppose to have a 65, according to what I've been told. Look: I LOVE THIS SITE. Don't pee all over people that have been with you- the one's who financed, ever so minimally, your growth. Open up the clubs, you collection of Grinches.

• B1ackadder
    104 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:28 PM

It's certainly a lot harder at Master but, It's like starting the game all over again so I'm well happy!

• papadeaux
    870 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:51 PM
    try it with the clubs they gave u to start with
  • corace
    276 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:18 PM
    I turned master a couple weeks ago, I was lucky that I got to buy a master R9 on sale. But since it's much faster meter speed, I bagged it and pulled out my pro ping. And I still will always us my pro rapture irons. I will pull out master driver once in a while, but not to play in tournaments. I switch an iron for a hybrid on Beth, for the longer holes. My average went up with master driver, and now coming back down with pro driver. One thing is I always played on very fast greens, practice and tournaments. I'm happy right now.
  • Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 7:09 PM

Amen. There are a bunch of us that were in the Pro Level and got bumped up to Master Level. We were put at a disadvantage because we have to hit from the Master Tee box, but, we don't have the driver to reach out and compete with the Pro's.

• vvvvRaTdOgvvvv
    10 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:41 PM

Fubar057:

Amen. There are a bunch of us that were in the Pro Level and got bumped up to Master Level. We were put at a disadvantage because we have to hit from the Master Tee box, but, we don't have the driver to reach out and compete with the Pro's.

Not ONLY that, but it will take an awfully long time to level up nearly 30 levels to buy the equipment we could have purchased last week as a Pro, let alone being able to purchase Master level equipment.

• vvvvRaTdOgvvvv
    10 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:43 PM

srellim234:

WGT can easily identify who we are. They should offer us a one-time opportunity to upgrade our drivers.

Not just drivers, I'm stuck w/ Starter Irons and want at least Pro Irons, if not Master Irons.

• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:44 PM

I am in same situation bought some better golf balls helps out alot 

james

• PAGES
RSS