Forums

Help › Forums

Anyone else having problems?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:46 AM (7 replies)
  • Unsy93
    15 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:46 PM

Ever since this update, its impossible for me to play because the meter bar plus every other feature lags like mad. It is definitely to do with the update as i have not altered anything to do with me laptop. Is anyone else experiencing these problems and does anyone know how to fix the issue? Thanks

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:08 PM

Unsy93:

Ever since this update, its impossible for me to play because the meter bar plus every other feature lags like mad. It is definitely to do with the update as i have not altered anything to do with me laptop. Is anyone else experiencing these problems and does anyone know how to fix the issue? Thanks

I have been noticing that tonight too. Since I joined a week or so ago I have never had any lagging or pausing of the swing meter. Now today...yes. It's pretty hard to get into a rhythm. The meter starts and then stutters and it's very hard to anti***te the ding.

WTH happened? 

• supermex79
    31 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:30 PM

I had second shot for a putt and the meter just stuttered and took off...it almost went off the meter...for some strange reason...i didn't get charged for a shot...

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:27 PM

don't even get me started on the inconsistencies - i will post when i have more info, but yes - WAY different. I just finished a 9-hole round at kiawah [some putts went 36 feet when hit 12 feet on a level lie with no break, etc]. i hosted the game, played with 1 friend. i birdied the last hole. then he quit [he was +7]... i waited for 5 full minutes, my screen remained blank. i closed the window, chose the "Play Now" button again, and my level remained at 5,981. the score shows up in my recent history, but the credit meter didn't change. i am upset because it seems like i have to play 100+ rounds before i can get my G10 clubs and R9 driver. i sure hope i'm wrong... but so far i am not too happy

-derrrr - the 5981 are my credits...lol. my bad. my understanding is that if i was able to get my new clubs 2 days ago all woulda been ok, but now - even though i am in the master tier [how, i don't know], i can't get the clubs til i reach level 72. at this rate, i'm lookin at bein able to get them after playin 72 holes a day for 2 months. maybe my level moves up more than increments of 1? i don't know. my shots are way different lately too. nothing has changed. i still drink the same beer, hit the shots the same, play the ridiculous very fast greens with the same lag [as i have no hope of hittin a 15-foot putt with any break], but the results are very different. DOH!

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:39 PM

cozmozogg:
    don't even get me started on the inconsistencies - i will post when i have more info, but yes - WAY different. I just finished a 9-hole round at kiawah [some putts went 36 feet when hit 12 feet on a level lie with no break, etc]

Check your green speeds next time you play.   If it was ranked you were likely playing tournament greens.   May not equate to a 36 for 12 ft, but they tend to scoot if you dont pay attention.  

Cheers

• Unsy93
    15 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:29 AM

Tried again today and still no improvement, its literally impossible to play!

• freeswinger83
    22 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:46 AM

Unsy93:

I have noticed the same issues since the update. The meter is choppy mostly in the swing area. I'll click before it hits center and the meter skips and i end up hitting a HORRIBLE slice. I like the changes they are trying to make, but they need to fix the meter issue to keep the game playable. Noone hits a "perfect" shot every time, Lord knows I've tried, but it gets very frustrating when you set everything up to play the best shot, only to have it ruined by being unable to control the meter's inconsistencies. 

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 7:59 AM

bogeybuster, on 3 of the 18 holes, my putts went ridiculously far. in addition, we have seen nothing but complaints the last few weeks about the putting. it is very frustrating. i wonder what has changed. here's a post with a good example: http://wgt.com/forums/t/21136.aspx

RSS