Forums

Help › Forums

On the 9th, 12th Day of Christmas!

Mon, Dec 30 2013 6:37 PM (92 replies)
  • Pat43
    7 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 5:14 PM

What a great gilf.  The one thing I know about  Australia is, you all are the best golfers on

this site.  If chosen option one will work for me. 

• Santiago124
    157 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 5:57 PM

Hello...Wow, this initiative is as good as gold at perfect time of year!!  Hooroo to all involved.  Too bad though that I only came across this wonderful opportunity just today though its one of those days that I wished I was a Master, sadly, I'm DQ'd but nevertheless... sharing my OZ experience.

Quite rightly, Australia has given me an  "OZum" experience each time....back in the 90's I was a Flight attendant for Philippine Airlines and one of my favorite destinations was your country...I always took the Sydney flights despite being a red-eye flight out of Manila for the simple reason that I enjoyed Sydney its folk ,  food and friends.  We'd be at the Novotel by the beach and it was just great around that area....a list of highlights...

>mouth-watering Fish and Chips anytime

>Sundays with my Archie Reid, a good friend who works as the Novotel Shuttle driver who would take me to Swap Meats and enjoy Crown lagers or Tooheys at his home BBQ where we'd grill steaks and Lambchops from the G reek butcher.

>Walked and toured by myself to buy a Hard Rock Sydney shirt which I still have, though quite faded now...enjoyed the Sydney Harbor cruise alone....and since there were no selfies yet back then...Aussies would always be glad to snap a shot upon request.

>had to check out King's Cross..:-)  had fun watching..LOL.

>Still have my black BlundStones which I got for 75 AU$ back then... wanting to get a brown pair soon...they sure have a great story from the railroad tracks till today...tough shoe to wear out...but always easy to walk on.

>Tarongga was always a treat!!

>Been years since Ive eaten Vegemite over Soda Crackers and i kind of miss it now...

> One sad day in Nov 97 was when INXS's Michael Hutchence called it a day at the Hilton... was and still a big INXS fan..."I need you tonight" is playing as I type

>I wont forget the helplessness i felt watching the Huge Fire from my room balcony at the Novotel... and the smoke we could smell from that far... incredible that they said it lasted for months.

On a personal vacation in 98, i went with my wife to Cairns and had a wonderful time at the Great Barrier reef...one of my bucket list.

Hope to return someday when I have the chance.

Cheers Mates,

Sanitago124

P.S. One of my fave DJ's  is R.U.F.U.S....and a Grand Prix at Albert park is on my checklist.  

Wishing you all  Happy Holidays... translated below..:-)

"Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon!!

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 8:24 PM

Excellent posts by all - describing their experiences and knowledge of Australia.

Thanks for the kind Christmas words all!

I see a couple of moderated posts have been revealed but we are still yet to come to our deadline just 4 hours away as I post this.

We will determine our 12 recipients at that deadline.

Some posts are a little unclear if you are claiming or not, if so , please edit yoru post and make it clear you are a candidate for the Christmas Cheer!

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

• Elknoxious
    1,123 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 8:41 PM

Good onya AAA! This prezzy should make some tin-arsed folks grinning like a shot fox on this ripper Chrissie day!

I watch some youtube videos done by an Australian and always get a good laugh at some of the expressions he uses so I had to search some Australian slang. 

• petercooper1958
    705 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 9:36 PM

Struth Elk, fair dinkum mate keep this up and you'll be speaking proper Strine in no time at all. Good work cobber.

• a123688
    48 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 11:07 PM

Thanks mrcaddie! Yeah, been a busy summer/fall with work. Went away for a couple months on vacation so no WGT during that time and recently just got back from the long vacation. Then saw you were doing this again!!!

Yeah, I would like to join and sign up to play Santa if possible. But the gifts will probably be no where as good as everyone is giving this December with the limited credits I have. But for sure, I'd definitely join!!

• ozysouthpaw
    2,957 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 11:29 PM

petercooper1958:

Struth Elk, fair dinkum mate keep this up and you'll be speaking proper Strine in no time at all. Good work cobber.

Was just thinking the same Coops. He'd fit right in down at the rubbity dub blowing the top off a frothy or 7.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2013 12:41 AM

ozysouthpaw:
    Was just thinking the same Coops. He'd fit right in down at the rubbity dub blowing the top off a frothy or 7.

Strike me pink all the clobber here digga!

We've had a good brussell sprout in this thread lots of potential winners & grinners!

I'd say the 9th day has now had it's 24 hours and she's all over bar the shouting.

So, we'll hang about another day to reveal any late comers draggin their tail in moderation and announce the winners and assign the Santas.

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

• gdbadel
    208 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2013 4:13 AM

What a great day, congrats to all the winners (when they are announced) and thanks for all you stories about what you know about Australia. Merry Christmas everyone.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2013 4:27 AM

MrCaddie, Aussie Aussie Aussie Santas. and anyone else interested.

we have our provisional list of winners who have raised their hand for a gift.

• Below master tier
    • Said something about Australia
    • Have not been gifted in another 'day' of Christmas.

These below WILL be assigned a Santa and a their choice of gift will be honoured.

1. virtualreality
    2. iTotmike
    3. idulf95
    4. dixon37
    5. bandonjosh
    6. MikeGrimsley
    7. SabotageSlicer
    8. Pat43

So that leaves 4 other gifts begging.
    These two entrants didnt comply  as no 'aussie paragraph' was offered, heres your chance to offer an Aussie story - if anyone knows these two , bump them back in here.

DANNYSAN

Jonaldinhoo

So - in true Christmas spirit  -  Aussie Aussie Aussie would like to offer the remaining 2 gifts to anyone Master and below, NOMINATED by a WGT Forum Regular who must be known to me.

EG, if I dont know you and havent ever interacted with you & your name is esssy, then you don't qualify to nominate anyone. :(  sorry

RSS