On the 11th 12th Day of Christmas...

Thu, Aug 14 2014 6:35 PM (100 replies)
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:38 AM

On the 11th 12th Day of Christmas The Misfit Toys Country Club gave to me-

12 TaylorMade R11 Drivers (L29+)

Let me wrap one of these for you!

All you have to do is  say something nice.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:39 AM

KFaubert:

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:550:0]

Merry Christmas everyone ....can't wait to give this baby away do a deserving player!!!! 

Keith

Same here  KF,and Zio (Lou)  ,,,,   verry nice post and picture ,,,,,   come all  dont be shy ,there are 12 of these Baby , i once had one  , they are great  ,   come and ask for yours

• LordDunne
    41 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:03 AM

ZioMio:

On the 11th 12th Day of Christmas The Misfit Toys Country Club gave to me-

12 TaylorMade R11 Drivers (L29+)

Let me wrap one of these for you!

All you have to do is  say something nice.

I would love this driver! and you all seem like incredibly handsome and sensible devils :)

v generous of you guys. big happy christmas.

Tim

• KFaubert
    27 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:10 AM

I haven't even bought this baby for myself yet!!  i'm still using the level 11 R1 !! 

I've been a member less than 2 months now but loving THE GAME AND THE PEOPLE!  Just goes to show that it's not just the same old people doing these things.... new ones join the ranks every day!

• GregSteed
    148 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:11 AM

What a coincidence, the TM R11 is the very driver I've been toting around in my bag since level 29!

It's a great club folks, you'll enjoy a nice bump off the tee.  My longer irons began collecting dust in my bag on the shorter courses.

To those at the higher levels, our more experienced friends:  I'm quickly sneaking up on level 50.  Is there a driver option that is worth the upgrade at this point?  The R11S seems to be identical, aside from 5 extra yards.  The price isn't a factor unless the upgrade is practically negligible.  Thanks!

If you're lucky enough to have benefited from a Santa visit during these 12 days and would like other upgrades to match, there are a ton of easy offers for free credits offered.  You don't have to exclusively grind away at videos & surveys (for example, if you have an iPhone/iPad you could earn 500-1500 in an hour downloading free apps).  Send me a friend request and a message, I'll be happy to offer some advice.  Think of it as me being inspired to don my Santa outfit after seeing all the generosity around here the last few days :o)

Merry Christmas everyone!  Maybe I'll stop being a total recluse and start making friends, even look into a CC.  I'd be interested to find out how I'm progressing, if I'm way behind the usual curve or if I'm improving nicely (you know, before the putter is in my hand :op)

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:49 AM

BUMP .   Many Members  has asked on other gifting days to have santa give them a driver ..........          you may not have received one that day  ...to many demends ,,,,  other lower level players had priority that day .....  some asked for a driver ,on a day where other gift where offered ,,,,,,    some thaught  they had no chance to get one ...... So if you dont take a chance and ask  the Santas here for a driver R11 L29    you most likely will not get one .....  so  asked again or make this your first post ,your first demend , 12 Santas  are getting pretty hot  waiting with them big custume on  ...:)   Come now  WGT members in need of a good driver , show yourself ....  Ho Ho Ho   Frapp

• NoPuttinFool
    3 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 11:00 AM

Hi mrcaddie and the Misfits CC. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you. I would LOVE to receive this driver. I've been playing for 2 months, and doing credit earning like crazy, along with 25.00 my wife gave me and have slowly been buying better equipment. The only thing I don't have is a driver. If I am not one the lucky ones to get a driver, that's ok. This is a great thing, and next year, I hope I can participate. I work 2 jobs, but one is boring, so I get to practice some golf while there. I've been playing pretty well...until I reached the pro. Anyway. Merry Christmas to all of you, and have a wonderful day. 

Chase

• GregSteed
    148 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 11:12 AM

Argh!  I was 3 feet away from posting nine birdies (or better) on the front nine at St. Andrews (an eagle on #9 let me sneak to -8).  My best round before today was -8 (on same course).

I made it to -10 through 11 before a wretched 2nd shot, two dumb mistakes on putts and an oh-so-close! on another led to a double bogey-bogey on 12 and 13 :o(  I fought back and managed -9 for the round, still my low score :o)  Good for 13th on my tier in the monthly tournament.

I have visions of the -12 or -13 I should've carded if I eliminated a few mistakes.  Of course I'm going to rush right back out there to see if I can...and I'll card a -4.

Apologies if this is too far off topic, I'm simply excited and wanted to share Christmas joy!  :o)

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 11:23 AM

LordDunne:
    I would love this driver

I bet you would Tim. I see that you switched out your 

purchased the MAX Meter 10.5° Driver (L22+) in the Pro Shop.

for the starter Driver before you made your post. It must have been the boost.

Merry Christmas.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 11:30 AM

Great gift Misfits. It has been a great 12 days so far. It was my first as a Santa and I am very happy that I volunteered. 

RSS