Forums

Help › Forums

Just Remove Purchasing Restrictions for Sanity's Sake

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 22 2010 9:22 AM (31 replies)
  • Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:31 AM

Is it really? Before people bought a few clubs when they moved to pro, and then some more when they moved to master. Now with so many levels to go through before you can get (former)  master clubs, and roughly 5 levels between each club, players are more likely to gradually buy better clubs, and hence spend more money. It's not a stupid business model.

Current players just happen to have the best clubs so see little point in levelling up, or players like me who are Pros will have an awful long way to go before being able to buy the best clubs. It's not unlikely players get fed up of waiting (or don't know better) and buy club after club, gradually increasing length and/or accuracy.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 9:30 AM

Or just leave and go play at a competitor's site where they treat the customer better and the game play is more enjoyable.

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:46 PM

srellim234:

CharlemagneRH- I question whether the majority of the money WGT stands to make comes from the people you are referring to. I bet the majority of the people who pay and play here are here for recreation and are not here to make money.

Absolutely correct.

srellim234:

The current legends group is loyal and very vocal but not the bulk of the future for WGT. Their problems are different because they already have the equipment; their needs should be addressed apart from the rest of us.

That's right. The smaller group of Legends aren't who pay the bills around here. It's the masses who do this for fun and recreation that buy more stuff. 

+1 for those thoughts "srellim234.

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 3:02 AM

I'm sure that's the theory behind it Pangaea:

Pangaea:

Now with so many levels to go through before you can get (former)  master clubs, and roughly 5 levels between each club, players are more likely to gradually buy better clubs, and hence spend more money...

... It's not unlikely players get fed up of waiting (or don't know better) and buy club after club, gradually increasing length and/or accuracy.

Firstly, I'm not talking about having more tiers and changing the greens. That will increase sales in the short term.

I just think that those who do behave as you suggest (and there will be some) will be far outnumbered by those who think "what's the point I won't buy anything".

It seems to me WGT is dreaming up ways of getting more money out of it's existing customers (those members who have spent money already) instead of looking to grow.

If their profits go up as a result of this (and perhaps they will) I'm sure one or more of the directors/managers will feel very pleased with themselves at how clever and devious they've been. They would be dead wrong. The profits would go up anyway! The measure is at what rate over what time-scale.

It's a great game (great graphics) and a great site. More and more people will try it and like it. Many of them will think "I might actually invest some money to get some good clubs". To their bemusement they will find they are not allowed to. They will just not bother buying what they can see to be third rate stuff. They will also rightly presume that their custom is not really wanted.

Also, WGT cannot keep doing this. Each time they do the short-term profits it will generate will be less and less. It is so short-sighted and unambitious it's tragic.

Go for growth WGT! Not squeezing as much as you can out of existing customers. Businesses that do that go bust sooner or later.

And I repeat: no sensible business restricts what its customers can buy. Only WGT in their infinite stupidity.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 6:54 PM

srellim234:

Or just leave and go play at a competitor's site where they treat the customer better and the game play is more enjoyable.

can you provide their name/link?

I'm getting fraustrated with the club limitations on this site,
    not having a good driver/putter is hurting my game redicioulsly
    if there's a similar game community out there, I'd love to know more :|

the new system is so stupid,
    I'd have to play for like a year until
    I can buy the putter/driver of my choice
    which are locked to anyone with a level under mid 70's-80's,
    this is a joke! if my money isn't good enough here, why the hell bother?...
    the starter clubs suck! and I'm not going to buy similar quality clubs
    only to discard them later on for the clubs I ACTUALLY want!

locking and disabling members from paying for clubs of their choice is crazy
    and business wise it's practically unheard of, somebody needs to end this
    dumb discriminatory system of purchasing stuff at the pro-shop,
    because you WILL lose money as well as loyal members.

• Lexdyslic
    66 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 7:25 PM

To have players like 10 levels lower than you, a worse average score, hitting off Pro tees with an R9, is just backward thinking.

I've worked my behind off after changes, being placed on Lvl 20 (pro). I'm now master @ lvl 37, yet struggling at times on the longer courses.

I admit I was lucky enough to buy the 2010 Rapture drivers, before the change, and that on my current level, they too would be unaccessable, but the fact still remains, I have improved my game, only by playing here, spending money on decent balls, yet cannot buy any Master level clubs at all. (not even tour pro).

To have players running around with R9's and the like, who are worse than you, and are no way near levels to buy them, is just  Wrong and unfair.

Gear should unlock as you progress up through Tiers, as that's the true indication of your skill level.

my 2c worth

Lex

• AllSaints
    5 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 3:03 AM

gmaster007:

I agree

Isnt right. Remove discrimination.

• skyman131313
    12 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 11:34 AM

AllSaints:

gmaster007:

I agree

Isnt right. Remove discrimination.

WHAT THE HELLS..going on here..i sold my R9 R Tri master..then i tried to buy R9 TP Master driver..WGT SAID NO.. your not at level 77..huh i had a better driver they took it then said no to me buying a lesser driver..Plus..i couln't buy it back WGT..WRONG...LEVEL 77 WHAT THE FRICK..what play thousand games then i can buy..YOUR right our money isn't good here.....Not a Happy Player here at WGT

• skyman131313
    12 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 11:38 AM

ohoo..NOTICE..NO..ZERO..NADA..REPLY from WGT

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 4:50 PM

So as i understand it this is the situation,,If you go out to a party,get drunk,come home.,log into wgt,try to sell a wedge or 2 back to wgt, accidentally sell your driver R9 instead and you are playing off legend tees,Then you might as well retire and close the account because you can never play a ranked round again,Is this correct or am i wrong,:)?

RSS