Forums

Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:58 AM

To begin, a big hoorah for the Kat for including the stunning Prokofiev Concerto ~ it shakes, it moves, it socks & rocks. I can't imagine anyone not taking notice as mush as they can't imagine why anyone would.

And to add a kudo to andyson for the bit on Wrigley Field ~ My 71 year old Uncle John was with Union Oil as chief of Union negotiations in Chicago from '78 to '84 and was a full fledged "Cubie". He has been to them all, and swears Wrigley Field is by far the best...as good as it gets.

April 24

2009 ~ Sweetie Pie, WGT golfer

1533 - William I of Orange

1581 - Vincent de Paul ~ French Saint

1773 - Harman Muntinghe, Dutch Colonial Director

1784 - Peter Daniel ~ Justice of the US Supreme Court

1814 - Angela Burdett-Coutts ~ Philanthropist Extrordinaire

1824 - Fournier, Swiss/French Stamp forger

1836 - Jeltjje de Bosch Kemper ~ Dutch Feminist

1867 - Fannie Thomas ~ lived 113 years and 273 days

1874 - John Russell Pope ~ Architect of the Jefferson Memorial

1886 - R Pelgrom ~ Oldest Dutchman, died in 1994

1897 - Manuel Avila Camacho ~ President of Mexico ( coincidently, Camacho Cigars are the bomb! Treat yourself)

~ and incidently ~

in 1792, the national anthem of France, "La Marseillaise", was composed by Captain Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle

in 1800, Congress approved a bill establishing the Library of Congress

in 1898, Spain declared war on the United States. (The United States responded in kind the next day)

~ Peace be with you ~ 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 8:41 AM

SweetiePie:
    And to add a kudo to andyson for the bit on Wrigley Field

Thank you very much.

SweetiePie:
    2009 ~ Sweetie Pie, WGT golfer

Happy 5th anniversary Lily!!  

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 8:49 AM

Happy Aniversary, Lily.  5 years and still (questionably) sane!  

Love ya, sis!

24 April,

PGA Golfer Lee Westwood is 41.

Today's tributes:

• Singer Barbara Streisand is 72
    • Singer Kelly Clarkson is 32

Notables:

• Director Richard Donner is 84
    • Alejandro Fernandez (El Potrillo) is 43
    • Danny Gokey is 34

Actors/Actresses:

• Cedric the Entertainer is 50
    • Shirley McLaine is 80
    • Derek Luke is 40
    • Jill Ireland (1936 - 1990)

Today's tributes:

I'm sure several of you are familiar with this singer ... she was a bit before my time, however.  I tend to know her for her acting.  In all honesty, I didn't even know she was a singer!  What a set of pipes!  Perusing Youtube, I ran across this song.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Here's a singer that has recently gained fame by performing on American Idol.

Edit:  I tend to forget that Australia and New Zealand  is a day ahead of us.  For them, today is 25 April.  It is also ANZAC day.  There is another post on this site: ANZAC Day.  

My respect and admiration to all those who have paid the ultimate price so the rest of us can live in peace.  Please join me by paying your respect.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 9:09 AM

As requested by her Sweetness. Squirrel Nutz will be 4 in July.  The real person behind Squirrel Nutz will be 62 in June. 

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 9:22 AM

in March I turned four

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 10:43 AM

DaddysKat:
    I'm sure several of you are familiar with this singer ... she was a bit before my time, however.  I tend to know her for her acting.  In all honesty, I didn't even know she was a singer!  What a set of pipes!  Perusing Youtube, I ran across this song.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I did very much enjoy it.  Barbra* was "the bomb" before "the bomb" meant best.  She still is IMO.  Her first big hit song...People

*not Barbara

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 1:10 PM

After seeing Sweetiepie's post in the forums about Birthdays,i went and checked my account details.

To my surprise today is my 4th year anniversary of being a member of WGT :)

Russell

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 2:27 PM

andyson:
    *not Barbara

Sorry for the misspelling.  I saw her in a recent movie with Seth Rogen.  I was surprised when I heard her voice.  

I really enjoy this thread ... I find lots of surprises like today.  Something I probably would never have discovered otherwise.  

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 4:00 PM

Barbra was always one of my favorites. Check out her song Evergreen. Guess I am an old fart. She wasn't the most gorgeous woman but damn does she have a voice. Patsy Cline was not a pin up either but she could make me wish she was.

• chop948
    378 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 4:17 PM

Celebrating my 5th year on WGT on May 15th, wouldn't change a thing about the game.  Met some really good friends here and we all go on an annual golfing trip to Myrtle Beach.

RSS