Forums

Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 1:44 PM

Oops ... forgot to post a replay ... how's this one?

Mostest spectacular putt!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 9:20 PM
    lee22sharon, lee's birthday today. Made his own pineapple upside down birthday cake, says I don't do it right. his nickle...
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 8:52 AM

lee22sharon:
    lee22sharon, lee's birthday today. Made his own pineapple upside down birthday cake, says I don't do it right. his nickle...

~ Lee (his age is a secret?), Shame > where is the replay? ~ Kelly aka Priesum >Ditto ~ Kurt (5 1/2 years and no replay?)>Ditto

Examples: Bob did a delicious flop at SA #2 - YUM! ~ Thomas the Addict (aka Newcastleb) used his R-11 and a Nike ball to feather as fine a shot as one could only dream of, repleat with killer wind at Congressional # 7...I want one ~ and Joe, (Mr. Many Double Eagles) Born to ? ( I have that same outfit, Joe. You look way better in it than I did...it made my butt look way too big) Spanks a driver at SA #10, on the green=in the hole...you dawg! And Sister Kat with a putt I sometimes miss...she did it to mock me and make sport of me...LOL

~ incidently, the best replay will receive a sleave of RZN balls (red or black or ?) on May 3rd for the "Best of the Month" compliments of the PIE.

April 27

1650 - Charlotte Amalie of Hasse-Kassel ~ Queen of Denmark and Norway

1701 - Charles Emanuel I ~ King of Sardinia

1718 - Thomas Lewis ~ Irish born Virginia Settler

1737 - Edward Gibson ~ England, wrote "Decline & Fall of Roman Empire"

1759 - Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin ~ England, writer and feminist ( I have a lovely love letter of hers that I will share when time allows)

1791 - Samuel Morse ~ Charleston,Mass, inventor of the telegraph & Morse Code

1806 - Maria Christina of the Two Sicilies ~ Queen of Spain

1822 - Ulysses S. Grant ~ 18th President and Commanding General of Union victory. He also wrote "Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant" which is a must read. He wrote it because he needed the money...his was gone because of "rascality", and he was dying of throat cancer (20 cigars a day will help). He finished the book and died about a few weeks later. His dedication of it was "These volumes are dedicated to the American soldier and sailor" signed U.S.Grant. New York City, May 23, 1885.

1848 - King Otto I of Bavaria

1896 - Rogers Hornsby ~ St. Louis Cards, 2nd baseman

1900 - Walter Lantz ~ Creator of Woody Woodpecker...no comment, just a visual  

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:15 AM

SweetiePie:
    1900 - Walter Lantz ~ Creator of Woody Woodpecker...no comment, just a visual  

LMAO!  You are such a flirt SP! LOL

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:23 AM
    Yes, lee's age is a secret. Over 70, less than 90? sometimes it's hard to tell. Didn't know about a replay. Not sure I know how to get one on the post. Sorry, This time my buck!...
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:23 AM

For those of you who know Morse code ...

--. --- --- -.. / -.. .- -.-- / . ...- . .-. -.-- --- -. .

I thought I'd quote the following for those of you who skim through this thread:

SweetiePie:
    ~ incidently, the best replay will receive a dozen RZN balls (red or black or ?) on May 3rd for the "Best of the Month" compliments of the PIE.

Edit:  While I know my putt was probably the most spectacular putt you've ever seen, I'm making myself exempt from the prize!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:48 AM

27 April,

Today's tribute:

Scottish born singer Sheena Easton is 55 today.

Notables:

• TV and Radio show host Casey Kasem is 82
    • Civil rights leader and wife of Martin Luthar King ... Coretta Scott King (1927 - 2006)
    • Kiss Guitarist Ace Frehley is 63
    • English Pilot Sheila Scott (1922 - 1988).  The first female pilot to fly solo around the world.
    • Jazz Drummer Freddie Waits (1943 - 1989)

Actors/Actresses:

• Jack Klugman (1922 - 2012)
    • Judy Carne is 75
    • Jillian Bach is 41
    • Kevin McNally is 58

Today's tribute:

Sheena Easton was inspired by a recent tribute artist, Barbra Streisand.  Here's a song that went gold in both GB and the USA.  It was called 9 to 5 in GB, but referred to as 'Morning Train' here in the US:

And to everyone else that can't read Morse code ... I said:

GOOD DAY EVERYONE

(note ... I'm not shouting ... there isn't lowercase letters in Morse Code)

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:52 AM

SweetiePie:
    And Sister Kat with a putt I sometimes miss...she did it to mock me and make sport of me...LOL

I was actually thinking of "the Moose" when I posted that putt ... just wanted him to know he wasn't the only one with a 2" affliction!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 7:29 AM

lee22sharon:
    Yes, lee's age is a secret. Over 70, less than 90? sometimes it's hard to tell. Didn't know about a replay. Not sure I know how to get one on the post. Sorry, This time my buck!...

Lee...Your wgt avatar age. When did you start playing here? Replay ? I am going to ask andyson if he would be kind enough ( he is, after all, super kind) to list a "how to post a replay" for the lame and stupid... like me. A simple to follow guide that anyone could follow.

April 28

1442 - Edward IV ~ King of England

1592 - George Villiers ~ 1st Duke of Buckingham

1758 - James Monroe ~ 5th President of the United States. Responsible for the "Monroe Doctrine" which, in effect, expanded America from coast to coast.

1876 - Frank Cavanaugh ~ One of Footballs coaching greats

1878 - Lionel Barrymore ~ A better, finer Actor would be hard to name

1908 - Oskar Schindler

~ lest we forget -

that in 1789, there was a mutiny on the HMS Bounty as rebelling crew members of the British ship led by Fletcher Christian set the captain, William Bligh, and 18 sailors adrift in a launch in the South Pacific. They were adrift 47 days before hitting land.              Question: Of two Bounty movies, Who (in your never humble opinion) was the better Bligh? Charles Laughten or Anthony Hopkins? The better Christian? Clark Gable or Mel Gibson? The better Movie?  ... and the answer is..............

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Apr 28 2014 8:22 AM

SweetiePie:
    Of two Bounty movies, Who (in your never humble opinion) was the better Bligh? Charles Laughten or Anthony Hopkins? The better Christian? Clark Gable or Mel Gibson? The better Movie?  ... and the answer is..............

Better movie ... the newer version.  Better Captain Bligh .... Anthony Hopkins.  Better Christian ... no doubt about it ... Clark Gable (and more ruggedly handsome too!)

RSS