Help › Forums

Should I join a country club

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 5 2014 9:46 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • cadmgr
    8 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 2:00 PM

This is my first post on the forum.  I joined WGT 3 or 4 months ago. I am a level 57 and just turned master. I have played stroke play only by myself. I have a few friends I am trying to get involved, but they work and don't have a lot of time. I would like to play 18 with someone who could help me with my game or just give me some tips. Would joining a country club give me the opportunity to play and talk with other members? Also, can I see what they are doing during the game, and can they see me?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 9:32 PM

I think you should. If you choose a friendly active one which has lots of members from your time zone it will help your game and make finding opponents a lot easier.

You only see their green lights if you friend them. 

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 9:55 PM

cadmgr:
    Would joining a country club give me the opportunity to play and talk with other members? Also, can I see what they are doing during the game, and can they see me?

Joining a CC is a great idea and I highly recommend it.  If you play any multi-player game, you'll be able to see what they are using (kinda).  I'm sure if you asked, most will tell you.  Also the CC Tourneys will give you more XP than you can get in stroke play.

Lots of positives being a member of a good CC.

• cadmgr
    8 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 5:23 AM

Thank you for responding. I will start checking CC's.

• cadmgr
    8 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 5:24 AM

Thanks for your input. I will start looking at CC's. By the way, what are green lights?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 10:29 AM

cadmgr:
    what are green lights?

Under the "Play Now" button is your "friend list".  To the left of their username is a dot that will change colors.  Blue means they are ready for a game, Green means they are available, Red means they are busy and gray means they are offline.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 11:30 AM

Read your post and sent you an invite to my CC ! you can look under the CC section in forum to see my group post about our group  Just4Fun-thesurvivors

• cadmgr
    8 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 12:21 PM

Ok I got it. Thanks. If I can keep bothering you, I have another question. When I was a Tour Pro I could hit a drive with a 15mph crosswind and knew where to aim to land in middle of fairway. Now that I am Master, that same drive with same 15mph crosswind goes way left or way right. Also I just bought new clubs a few weeks ago and mapped them, but now distances seem to have changed or are erratic. I this what happens at Master tier?

• cadmgr
    8 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 12:41 PM

Thank you for the invite. What course do you all play? The reason I ask is that I just don't have the distance to play the longer courses.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 12:42 PM

The clubs and ball you're using look fine.  You will notice at times wind speeds will affect the ball more.  You'll need to keep an eye on this and adjust your aiming position accordingly.

I found that the move from Tour Pro to Master to be the most difficult to master.  You'll do just fine once you get used to it.

• PAGES
RSS