Help › Forums

Get lost Trump

Sat, Feb 15 2014 4:52 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 2:56 PM

Aye switch your focus loser

Donald Trump has claimed he is planning to “switch focus” to a new project in Ireland after losing a court bid to stop an offshore wind farm development close to his Scottish golf course.

The American property tycoon wanted the Scottish Government’s decision to approve the 11-turbine project without a public inquiry overturned, and put new work on his resort in Aberdeenshire on hold pending the outcome of the case.

His legal team called for a judicial review of the case, and argued that ministers had no power to grant the consent.

The businessman said he planned to appeal the ruling, but also announced that he had bought Doonbeg golf course in Co Clare, where he promised - much as he has in Scotland in recent years - to create an “unaparalleled resort”.

According to Mr Trump, the £230 million European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre (EOWDC) will spoil views from his links golf course around two miles away. He said guests in his proposed hotel would not want to stay in an “industrial park”.

The Scottish Government, and environment groups, welcomed the ruling, and said the wind farm was an important project for Aberdeen and the north east of Scotland.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 8:29 PM

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 9:12 PM

Trump is, and has been for a long time, a joke in search of a punchline, and remains an embarrassment to any American with a functioning brainpan.  I lay the blame squarely on his parents for not using contraceptives.

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 9:31 PM

I wish I were as stupid as Trump,I could use the money....nuff Said!!!!!!!!!!...Oh and wind farms are only good for one thing,killing birds,they are not at all proficient or cost effective....

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 10:03 PM

Dave, he's a friggin' birther for chrissakes...'nuff said.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 10:06 PM

There was a TV program about the things Trump got up to, to get his golf course built in Scotland. It's well worth a look if you get the chance. He has no morals.

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 2:10 AM

mkg335:
    Trump is, and has been for a long time, a joke in search of a punchline, and remains an embarrassment to any American with a functioning brainpan.  I lay the blame squarely on his parents for not using contraceptives.

Lol, that has to be the most succinct comment I've ever read in the WGT forums. Good stuff.

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 2:19 AM

courteneyfish:
    There was a TV program about the things Trump got up to, to get his golf course built in Scotland. It's well worth a look if you get the chance. He has no morals.

I'm sure that's true.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2014 7:14 AM

PaulTon:

WTF is Renniw doing in Trump's hair??  Who knew?   LOL

• PAGES
RSS