Forums

Help › Forums

MULTI-ROUND TOURNAMENT TIE BREAKER RULES

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 10 2010 12:15 PM (5 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:10 AM

Could someone from WGT tell me about the tie breaker rule for multi round tourney.  If after 2 rounds the players are on same total then wouldn't the player with the better 2nd round win the tie breaker ?

I'm curious because in the W37 Multi-round tourney I shot 55 in the 2nd round to level with another player but it seem he won the tie breaker when he shot 58 in the 2nd round ! lol !

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:13 AM

Could it be maybe the earliest posted score, like who got in the clubhouse first?

A provision for a playoff would be cool.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:29 AM

You shot 55 round St Andrews in the heavy wind? If so I'd retire right now, you'll never surpass that truly phenomenal score. I'm doffing my cap to you at this minute, absolutely tremendous score :^)

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:53 AM

Thanks Tiffer, it was my best round ever but keep in mind that it was on Kiawah course from the much shorter tees !

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 12:02 PM

Saw that as well cool - great round!!!  I've seen it the exact opposite where the lowest last round (like in the most recent monthly four rounder) won the thing when Dansamcan and I tied in overall score, but he was one better than me in the final round.   Good question!

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 12:15 PM

coolswing:

Thanks Tiffer, it was my best round ever but keep in mind that it was on Kiawah course from the much shorter tees !

Still a fantastic score Cool irrespective of course or conditions. I was ready to throw my clubs in the nearest lake though on thinking you'd managed it round St Andrews in those dreaded high winds. I guess I will continue punishing myself in pursuit of a similar score for the time being :^)

RSS